Pax-Salon (POET, BEN OKRI)
From: patty guerrero (pattypaxicloud.com)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 17:23:00 -0700 (PDT)
HI,  SENT THIS EARLIER BUT WANT TO SEND IT AGAIN.    PATTY

> Begin forwarded message:
>

> HI,   The next salon, on June 19, will be the poetry of Ben Okri, a Nigerian
> Poet.  Gayle found some sites on the web for his poetry and also some videos.
>   She says:
>
> "I've started to look up some poems online by Ben Okri.  Googled: "Ben Okri
> poetry"  or "Ben Okri poems", which brought me to a page that had a few
> entries with actual poems, including Grenell Tower,June,2017.  (It's pretty
> long: about 5 pages when I printed it out).
>
> Right there, also, --, ---were 3 videos of him reading, along with further
> videos in the right hand side....so, plenty of material to choose from there.
>
> One page-entry in particular, which knocked my socks off, had a poem called,
> Friend in Africa.  And I printed out a copy of that to bring along next week.
>  "
>
> The  salon will still be at the East 7th Mississippi Market, 740 East 7th.
> I sent out earlier that it would be at the W 7th Market, but it is not.
> Things had to change.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Patty

  • Pax-Salon, (continued)
    • Pax-Salon patty guerrero, March 6 2017
    • Pax-Salon patty guerrero, March 13 2017
    • Pax-Salon patty guerrero, June 11 2018
    • Pax-Salon patty guerrero, June 14 2018
      • Pax-Salon (POET, BEN OKRI) patty guerrero, June 18 2018
    • Pax-Salon patty guerrero, October 12 2018
    • Pax-Salon patty guerrero, November 24 2018