Conversational Pax-Salon
From: patty guerrero (pattypaxicloud.com)
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2018 17:04:05 -0800 (PST)
Tuesday, Nov. 20:  On Indigenous People’s Day this year Annette Klapstein, 66,
a retired attorney and Emily Johnston, 52, poet and office worker, walked into
a northern Minnesota courtroom to plead a “necessity defense” for shutting down
Canadian tar sands oil piped across our state.

Two Twin Cities climate activists, Susu Jeffrey and Jean Ross, attended the
trial and will report back to the community at the Pax-Conversational Salon on
Tuesday, Nov. 20.  This was the first moral (“Necessity Defense”)  heard in  a
U.S. court of law on climate civil disobedience .

Nov. 27, we will discuss the Little Book of the Odd Month Club book  “The
Warmth of Other Suns” by Isabel Wilkerson.   It is the epic story of America’s
Great Migration of Blacks from the south to the north.   It is a book everyone
should read.   So good.   Narrative non-fiction.

Please come.

Patty

The following is what Susu sent for all to read about her presentation.

https://riseuptimes.org/2018/10/14/tar-sands-oil-vs-climate-change-by-susu-jeffrey/

<https://riseuptimes.org/2018/10/14/tar-sands-oil-vs-climate-change-by-susu-jeffrey/>

Skip the first half of this long downer article because the author goes on-&-on
about turning off the  tar sands oil coming into the USA which was a SYMBOLIC
action. The photographs are good.
https://www.wired.com/story/monkeywrenching-vandals-are-reinventing-climate-activism/

<https://www.wired.com/story/monkeywrenching-vandals-are-reinventing-climate-activism/>