Conversational Pax-Salon
From: patty guerrero (pattypaxicloud.com)
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2018 08:44:30 -0700 (PDT)
HI,  The Salon for October 30, Tuesday, is about the trial of Roger Cuthbertson
and Molly Wetherall who were acquitted because of their First Amendment Rights
being confirmed in the verdict for their protesting the killing of Philando
Castile by police in July 2016.   The trial and acquittal was June, 2018.
Roger will be at the salon to tell us all about the trial and his thoughts
about the justice system.

Hi. This next Tuesday, October 30, Roger Cuthbertson will be our guest to tell
us about his and Molly Wetherall’s trial this summer .   They were acquitted
because of their First Amendment Rights being confirmed in the verdict.  They
had been arrested in 2016 for protesting the killing of Philando Castile by
police.   Come and celebrate their victory.

There will be no salon on Nov. 6 because of Election Day.   And, no salon on
Nov. 13.

But, on November 20 and November 27:

On Indigenous People’s Day this year Annette Klapstein, 66, a retired attorney
and Emily Johnston, 52, poet and office worker, walked into a northern
Minnesota courtroom to plead a “necessity defense” for shutting down Canadian
tar sands oil piped across our state.

Two Twin Cities climate activists, Susu Jeffrey and Jean Ross, attended the
trial and will report back to the community at the Pax-Conversational Salon on
Tuesday, Nov. 20.  This was the first moral (“Necessity Defense”)  heard in  a
U.S. court of law on climate civil disobedience .

Nov. 27, we will discuss the Little Book of the Month Club book  “The Warmth of
Other Suns” by Isabel Wilkerson.   It is the epic story of America’s Great
Migration of Blacks from the south to the north.   It is a book everyone should
read.   So good.   Narrative non-fiction.