Pax Conversational Salon
From: patty guerrero (pattypaxicloud.com)
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 17:36:50 -0700 (PDT)
HI,  NEXT TUESDAY,  SEPT 26  AUTOR AND EDUCATOR, KAREN SHRAGG DISCUSSES HER
BOOK “MOVE UPSTREAM: A CALL TO SOLVE OVERPOPULATION.”    HOW OVERPOPULATION IS
PREVENTING LONG-TERM SUCCESS ON MANY ISSUES WE CARE ABOUT AND WHAT WE CAN DO
ABOUT IT.

Karen Shragg will present the information in her book.   I am reading her book
and I must say, this is a very important “little” book.   I never would have
thought i would have thought like she does many years ago when i had my 6
children.   But, she hits the nail on the head about what is important if we
want our world to survive.

A couple quotes:   " Smart Growth destroys the environment, dumb growth
destroys the environment.   The only difference is that Smart  Growth does its
with good taste.  It’s like booking passage on the titanic whether you go first
class or steerage the result is the same."    Al Bartlett.

"The humana rights movement has not embraced overpopulation because it
antithetical to their beliefs.   They fear it will be used as leverage against
people who are disadvantaged.  They need to see that the opposite is true.
Overpopulation sets the stage for injustice because it creates a scarcity of
resources that leads to inequality.”
Karen Shragg.

Karen can talk about this and much more.

Hope to see you,

Thanks,  Patty

WE ARE BACK AT THE WEST 7TH MISSISSIPPI MARKET.