Conversational Salon
From: patty (pattypaxearthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 08:59:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, Tuesday, August 9, we will show the film, The Botany of Desire. The book was written by Michael Pollen. The film shows how human desires are an essential and intricate part of the natural order. One of the great conceits of human civilization is to put ourselves outside nature, shaping the wild for our own purposes---people as subjects and plants as objects. Taking the 4 plants' perspective represented in the film restores human activity to it proper place in the web of nature.

The book chosen for the Little Book of the Odd Month Club to be discussed the last Tuesday in Sept. is Fidelity by Wendell Berry. It is a short book composed of several stories and is available on Amazon for $11.00 or may be in libraries.

Thanks,

patty

We want YOU to be a whistle blower