An all-queer collective writes and performs 60 VERY different plays in 90 minutes!
From: Gadfly Theatre (gadflytheatregmail.com)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 10:06:42 -0800 (PST)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT: GADFLYTHEATRE [at] GMAIL.COM

Gadfly Theatre Productions Presents

I’m Never Going to Earth Again: 60 Queer Plays in 90 Queer Minutes

By: A big old queer collective

February 8, 2019 (Minneapolis/St. Paul) -- What can you experience 60 of
for $20 in 90 minutes? Plays! At least you can with “I’m Never Going to
Earth Again: 60 Queer Plays in 90 Queer Minutes”. You won’t believe your
eyes as you become immersed in this fast-paced amalgamation of one-act
plays, monologues, chants, improv, song, and dance. Tantalizing and
vulnerable works of sci-fi, magical realism and fantasy allow us to tell
you what is important to us. Walk a mile alongside us with the realism and
absurdism of family, mental illness, queer community, grief, love, and
zombies. Whether you are an alien, a euphemism, a healer or the God of
Death, you will find something titillating to stimulate your senses.

I’m Never Going to Earth Again: 60 Queer Plays in 90 Queer Minutes allows
for several Minneapolis’s marginalized voices taking center stage.
Cassandra Snow directs and writes for this eclectic anthology with the
acting talents of Jada Pulley, Joey Ripley, Jex Arzayus, Zealot Hamm, Lyssa
Sparrow, Ming Hsu and Gadfly Co-Artistic Director Immanuel Elliott. Most of
the cast served as writers for the 60 Queer Plays along with Eli
Effinger-Weintraub, Gabriela Santiago, and Kassha Lisinski. Lisinski serves
as sound designer as well, with Jada Beulah stage managing this rich piece
of theatre. This show is urgent and exciting and this writing team and cast
have brought their best and wickedest work yet. This wickedly inclusive
journey features a cast of queer, non-binary, and transgender people who
are… out of this world. Let us help you transcend the limits of your mortal
coil.

The play will be at Strike Theatre on March 15th-17th and 21st-24th. All
shows are at 7:30 PM except Sunday matinees, which are at 3:00 PM. Tickets
to I’m Never Going to Earth Again: 60 Queer Plays in 90 Queer Minutes are
$15 in advance and $20 at the door for a regular show, and features three
Pay-What-You-Can performances on Sunday matinees and Thursday evening.

Please e-mail gadflytheatre [at] gmail.com for more ticket information or visit
us at our page or Brown Paper Tickets
<https://60queerplays.brownpapertickets.com>.

This activity is made possible by the voters of Minnesota through a grant
from the Metropolitan Regional Arts Council, thanks to a legislative
appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.

About Gadfly Theatre Productions: Gadfly Theatre Productions is in their ninth
season of radically queer and feminist art. Gadfly seeks to break binaries
and establish community with their work, and to prove that all marginalized
people deserve a voice, a stage, and a story they can relate to. Gadfly
Theatre Productions produces two mainstage shows a year, a geeky one-act
festival in the summer, and several special events like their ongoing Drunk
Queer History series and it’s sister show, Sober Queer History.

Gadfly Theatre Productions Presents
I’m Never Going to Earth Again: 60 Queer Plays in 90 Queer Minutes

By a big old queer collective

Performance Dates:

Friday, March 15th at 7:30 pm*

Saturday, March 16th  at 7:30 pm

Sunday, March 17th at 3:00 pm (Pay-What-You-Can Performance)

Thursday, March 21st at 7:30 pm (Pay-What-You-Can Performance)

Friday, March 22nd at 7:30 pm*

Saturday, March 23rd at 7:30 pm

Sunday, March 24th at 3:00 pm (Pay-What-You-Can Performance)

*Friday nights feature a post-show discussion with the cast & Gadfly staff
and board members

Location:

Strike Theatre

824 18th Ave NE
Minneapolis, MN 55418

Tickets:

$15 in advance/$20 at the door

Pay-What-You-Can: Sunday, March 17 and 24th, and Thursday, March 21st.

Gadfly accepts cash or credit cards at the door

Tickets can be purchased online at
https://60queerplays.brownpapertickets.com

More Information:

Official Website:https://gadflytheatre.org
<http://gadflytheatre.wix.com/gadfly>

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/gadflytheatre
<http://www.twitter.com/gadflytheatre>

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gadflytheatreproductions
Instagram: https://instagram.com/gadflytheatre
GiveMN: https://www.givemn.org/story/Gadfly-Theatre-Productions2019
Patreon: Patreon.com/gadflytheatre <http://patreon.com/gadflytheatre>

--
Gadfly Theatre Productions

Gadfly Theatre is building a PlayGround for the Obscure, the Oppressed &
the Unapologetically Original.

To learn more, please visit gadflytheatre.org

To support our work, make a donation here
<https://givemn.org/fundraiser/gadfly-theatre-productions597b82ab52786>!