Cohousing Speech Sept 15 in Minneapolis
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 06:02:48 -0700 (PDT)
The "father" of US cohousing, Chuck Durrett will be speaking about
cohousing in Minneapolis:
Thursday September 15 at 7pm
at the First Unitarian Society of Minneapolis
900 Mt Curve Ave, Minnepolis (just south of Walker Art Center)
Details, see http://twincities.cohousing.org/

Cohousing is housing designed to foster community and cooperation
while preserving independence. Private residences are clustered near
shared facilities. The members design and manage all aspects of their
community.

Chuck and his wife, Katie McCammant who is also an architect , brought
the idea of cohousing to the US with their book (first edition 1988)
and have designed over 50 of the 150 cohousing communites in the US.

An area that I think has potential for cohousing is the
north end of the Van White Bridge over Bassett's Creek.
see http://mn.cohousing.org/bcrk

Fred Olson

--
I support Hillary Clinton for President. ( formerly Bernie Sanders)