Join WAMM as we celebrate the life of Sharon Rice Vaughan
From: Women Against Military Madness (wammmtn.org)
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 12:02:11 -0700 (PDT)
WAMM Reminder

Celebration of Life - Sharon Rice Vaughan

A memorial celebration of our friend, sister and Board Co-Chair [1]Sharon
Rice Vaughan will be held Thursday, April 2nd, at 11 am, Unity
Church-Unitarian, 733 Portland Av, St Paul.

Hard to believe, still. Always that twinkle in her eyes, her gentle, fierce
love of life spilling out as if, of course!, we can make possible the
impossible - and we must.  Sharon was a mentor by nature.

Do come, if you can, honor Sharon, and stay for lunch with her family and
the broad community of peacemakers who have been touched by her generous
spirit. If you're bringing food and have any questions give me a call or
email at the office.

Sharon's family has graciously directed memorials to:

[2]Women Against Military Madness (WAMM)
4200 Cedar Avenue S, Suite 3
Minneapolis, MN 55407

[3]Women's Advocates
588 Grand Avenue
St Paul, MN 55102

The Loft Literary Center, Suite 200, Open Book
[4]c/o Rachel Vaughan Scholarship Fund
1011 Washington Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55415

The Healthy Mother
by Rachel Vaughan

She leaves little things
in her daughter's flat,
the ring she liked
in the bathroom,
the black poloneck
in the wardrobe.

If she could,
she'd leave
curved thighs in
the armchair, a tight
pumping aorta
on the kitchen table.

She'd polyfill scars,
paint over the jagged lines
with emulsion
in wild colours—fuchsia
and deep blue,

stand back
and admire her work
then, speckled and
buzzing, drink
to her new creation
a glass of bubbles
that fizz in her nose,
make her sneeze like dust.

Standing back, admiring Sharon's work.  Cheers, my friends.

Peace.

Lo Ross

WAMM Director

4200 Cedar Ave S, Suite 3