Progressive Calendar 10.11.12 /3
From: David Shove (shove001umn.edu)
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 02:40:21 -0700 (PDT)
 *P R O G R E S S I V E   C A L E N D A R  10.11.12*

1. Vs Amy                 10.11 4:30pm
2. Vs marriage amend 10.11 6pm
3. Voting rights           10.11 6:30pm
4. Midstream readings 10.11 7:30pm

5.   Dorian Warren - Go for the ruling class jugular

--------1 of 5--------

From: WAMM
Vs Amy 10.11 4:30pm

Send a message to Congress: No More Wars!

Thursday, October 11, 4:30 p.m.Outside of Senator Klobuchar's Office, 1200
Washington Avenue South, Minneapolis. The week of the 11th anniversary of
the war in Afghanistan join others in front of Senator Klobuchar's office
to say: Money for Human Needs Not War!Troops Home from Afghanistan Now!No
Wars with Syria or Iran! Organized by: the Anti-War Committee.

--------2 of 5--------

Vs marriage amend 10.11 6pm

Join the FNVW Phone Bank to Defeat the Marriage Amendment
âDate: 10/11
âTime: 6 - 9 PM
âPlace: Macalester Plymouth Church
âAddress: 1658 Lincoln, Saint Paul, MN

We are organizing an FNVW phone bank on October 11 from 6 -9 PM  at
Macalester Plymouth Church in Saint Paul (1658 Lincoln).  Time is short and
the need to connect with voters is urgent.  Passage of this amendment would
constitutionally exclude all gay, lesbian, bi-sexual and transgender
couples from any opportunity to be recognized as being "married'.

We need as many FNVW volunteers as possible!!!!
  No experience is needed!!!!  We will train you!
It would be helpful if you can bring your cell phone.
 Please call either Judy Bonhiver or Bob Nechal at 651-917-0383 ASAP to
sign up or click here to sign up on line.
 Thanks in advance for helping to defeat the marriage amendment.

--------3 of 5--------

From: lydiahowell [at] comcast.net
Voting rights 10.11 6:30pm

Voices for Voting Rights Red Carpet Event
Public Event  By Organizing Apprenticeship Project
 Thursday, October 11, 2012
6:30pm until 8:30pm at PARKWAY THEATER
4814 Chicago Ave. South, Minneapolis

VOICES FOR VOTING RIGHTS
A Red Carpet Event and Film Screening.
...Come hear the voices of multiracial, multicultural leaders in our
communities who are standing up for voting rights.
...Eat popcorn and enjoy artistic performances as well as the screening of
several short social justice films featuring local celebrities.
...Dress to impress (optional)
...VOTE NO on VOTER ID (mandatory).

Contributing Partners:
African American Leadership Forum