Fwd: [FreeCeCe] December 15: "I stand with CeCe"- Battling white supremacy in Minneapolis
From: luce guillen-givins (luceriseup.net)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 13:41:59 -0800 (PST)
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [FreeCeCe] December 15: "I stand with CeCe"- Battling white
supremacy in Minneapolis
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 13:01:41 -0800 (PST)
From: <mpls4cece [at] gmail.com>

On Thursday, December 15, please join us for a dinner, talk, and the
unveiling
of the "I stand with CeCe" Poster Project. The evening's program will
feature
Andrea Jenkins and Rose Brewer talking about issues of white supremacy and
racial justice in relation to the case of CeCe McDonald, and to the
African-American community at large. The event will also feature the first
public display of the "I stand with CeCe" Poster Project. (See below for
more
info on the poster project)

*When: Thursday, December 15, Dinner at 6:00pm, program at 7:00
*Where: Walker Community Church, 3104 16th Ave S, Mpls
Donations accepted, no one turned away for lack of funds, childcare provided

Andrea Jenkins is a community activist and an award-winning writer, poet and
playwright. Rose Brewer is a renowned scholar and activist deeply
involved in
struggles for social transformation locally and globally.

**The Poster Project**

The âI Stand with Ceceâ poster project is an effort to capture the breadth
of Ceceâs support. We believe that racism and transphobia permeate all
layers
of government, and that there is no justice for Cece in the Hennepin County
legal system. We believe that a court system that defends white supremacists
forfeits legitimacy. We call upon the Hennepin County Attorney Michael
Freeman
to drop all charges against Cece, and we call upon all people of
conscious to
connect with her case and engage in efforts to defend her.

Our goal is to create a visual display that will illustrate the diversity of
reasons to stand with Cece. We ask you to participate by going to,

http://supportcece.wordpress.com/get-involved/i-stand-with-cece-poster-project/

or by dropping in at the Exchange, at 3405 Chicago Ave S, in Minneapolis, to
get an 'I stand with CeCe" poster to complete. Take a moment to reflect
on why
you are drawn to Ceceâs cause, and then complete the sentence on the poster:
âBecause _________________, I stand with Cece.â Drop your poster off at the
Exchange or bring it to the December 15th event, "Battling White Supremacy,"
where we will add it to the display.

Thank you for adding your voice to the mix.

More info on this event and CeCe's case at: http://supportcece.wordpress.com