KEITH ELLISON: Why we should volunteer now
From: Charles Underwood (peacecalendarvisi.com)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 21:59:22 -0700 (PDT)
KEITH ELLISON: WHY WE NEED TO VOLUNTEER NOW

IF YOU WANT CHANGE IN WASHINGTON, Keith Ellison is the one person most
likely to help end the war, expand access to health care, end torture,
restore our civil liberties and return our country to the rule of law.
Keith is the person with the passion and experience to get the sort of
change we need.

IF YOU ARE TIRED OF ROVIAN PERSONAL ATTACKS instead of substance, then Keith
Ellison must win and win by a landslide.  If the nasty smears and innuendo
are allowed to succeed, then they will continue for many years.

IF WE ARE TO MOVE BEYOND RACIMS AND SECTARIANISM, then Keith Ellison must
win and win big.  The right-wing blogs, some mainstream media outlets and
some opponents have not been above attacking Keith for his faith or (in
coded words) his race.  If we as a nation are to move beyond racism, then it
must not succeed. In fact, it must fail is a very spectacular way.

IF ELECTIONS ARE TO REMAIN ACCESSIBLE TO GRASSROOTS ORGANIZING, then Keith
Ellison must win. The old guard of backroom politics and inherited positions
has opposed Keith from the beginning.  If people want a voice, then now is
the time to elect a true grassroots candidate.

Keith Ellison must win, and he must win by a huge margin, if we are to turn
back the attacks of those who oppose progressive change.  The good news is
that you can make the difference by working the phone-banks, walking the
door-knocks and getting out the vote on November 7.

If you would like to do door-knocking, call Batala McFarlane at
612-722-5233.  She can set connect you with the time and neighborhood that
works for you.  Some of the scheduled door-knocks include:
   SD 62 - - Saturday, October 28 from 11 ­ 2 or 2- 5
   SD 61 - - Sunday, October 29 from 5 ­ 7
   SD 50 - - Saturday, October 28 from 9:30 ­ 12:30
   SD 60 - - Saturday, October 28 from 11 ­ 1 and 1 ­ 4
                  Wednesday, November 1 from 5 ­ 7
                  Saturday, November 4 from 10 ­ 1 and 1 ­ 4
                  Monday, November 6 from 5 ­ 7
   SD 63 - - Sunday, October 29 from 2 ­ 5
                  Thursday, November 2 from 5 ­ 7
                   Sunday, November 5 from 2 ­ 5

Or you can do phone calls Mondays through Thursdays from 5:30 to 8:30 or
Sundays from 1 to 4 or 4 to 8.  Again, call Batala McFarlane at
612-722-5233.

Best of all, you could take off all or part of election day, November 7.
There is a handy-dandy link to sign up:
www.thedatabank.com/dpg/266/mtglist.asp?formid=calendar

If there are any problems with any of this, just call Batala or go to the
website www.keithellison.org

Anything you can give between now and the election will make a huge
difference.  The Republicans know how to get out the vote, but we actually
have the people to do it.  If you take the time right now.  Please give your
time and give generously.

Peace, Charley Underwood