Salon concerns
From: Patty Guerrero (pattypaxearthlink.net)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 07:49:01 -0800 (PST)
Hi , Just in case you would want to go to either of these hearings.    We have
discussed the TPP at a salon.

Thanks,

Patty

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "Kellogg, Polly" <pkellogg [at] stcloudstate.edu>
> Date: December 4, 2013 11:22:04 PM CST
> To: "Kellogg, Polly" <pkellogg [at] stcloudstate.edu>
> Subject: Sherco PUC hearing 10:30 today, TPP meeting at Occupy MN Dec. 11
> (NOT Dec. 18)
>
> TODAY, Thursday, Dec. 5th the PUC (Public Utilities Commission) holds hearing
> on making Xcel plan for the closing Becker coal power plants, Sherco 1&2 by
> 2020, hopefully. It’s on the agenda about 10:30-to noonish. Will Steger and
> about 20 others have been selected to speak for an hour. 127 7th Place East,
> suite 350, 651-296-7124, PUC.
> ---------------
> Occupy MN: Shut Down the Transpacific Partnership secret treaty!
> Next Wednesday, Dec. 11, 6-9pm, 4200 Cedar Ave. S.
>
> Occupy Minneapolis wants to gather everyone interested in the Trans Pacific
> Partnership (TPP) treaty to learn and discuss how to stop this terrible plan
> for enhanced corporate power over all of us. December 11th 6-9PM at 4200
> Cedar, everyone invited! Spread the word.  Bring potluck food to share if you
> are able.
> (This is change from the Dec. 18 date.)
> TPP is called “NAFTA on steroids.” Like the WTO, it seeks to replace the laws
> of nations by corporate law.
> Three sites for more info: Stoptpp.org; Exposethetpp.org; and flushthetpp.org
>
> Petition to stop the TPP:
> https://act.demandprogress.org/letter/tpp3
>
> This webinar focuses on the possible effects to our food system from proposed
> TTIP rules. Mon. Dec. 13, 9am-10am.
> http://www.iatp.org/event/webinar-the-promises-and-perils-of-proposed-us-eu-trade-deal-for-food-and-agriculture
>    Please share. Thanks! From Patrick at Institute for Agriculture and Trade
> Policy, 2105 First Ave S.. IATP.org has been working against the TPP.
> "Transition Occupy" meets the following day, Dec. 12, Thursday, from 7-9pm at
> 4200 Cedar Ave. S..
>
> From WAMM Occupy

I don't need a whole lot to eat, but this month I know I'm not going to buy any
meats."

LEON SIMMONS, 63, one of more than 47 million Americans whose food stamp
allotment was cut this month.