Pax/Salon (Essay by Bill Moyers)
From: Patty Guerrero (pattypaxearthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 19:23:39 -0700 (PDT)
HI  ,   Tuesday , May 14, will be Open Conversation.  I would like to discuss
the Bill Moyers' essay .  Please read  it, plus the comments.

Next week we will have the film  American Faust: From Condi to Neo-Condi.
/Below is what I wrote up for the publicity to be sent out.  If you can't come
you can watch this film on youtube in its entirety .

> http://billmoyers.com/2013/05/10/dont-shoot-organize/

The following week:

You are invited on May 21, to a showing of the excellent biographical
documentary by film producer, Sebastian Doggart: "American Faust: From Condi to
Neo-Condi."   The film takes us on a roller-coaster ride through the life of
Condoleezza Rice from her childhood in Birmingham , AL to her job as National
Security Advisor (2001-2005) and Secretary of State under George W. Bush
(2005-2009).

We see via Counter Terrorism Chief Richard Clarke how she conspired in the
fabrication of a link between 9/11 and Saddam Hussein, churning up the case for
the war on Iraq .  Interviewing White House personnel, historians, biographers,
and life long friends, Doggart comes to to realize that Rice's story was a
Faustian tragedy of the corrupting impact of power.

The film overturns the misconception of Rice as a simple yes-woman and reveals
her to be not only President Bush's most enduring confidante, but, also, his
own personal Torquemada.  It also shows the connection between her mindset and
participation as one of the White House Principals who decided to mete out
specific abuse and torture to prisoners and the agony of the men who had to
endure that torture.

Doggart digs deep for his documentary, a straight investigative film that would
come to be called “American Faust: From Condi to Neo-Condi.”

See this film at Mad Hatter's Tea/Coffee House on Tuesday, May 21 at 6:30 PM.
Mad Hatter's is at 943 W. 7th Street , St Paul .  Call 651-227-3228 for
information.  The film can also be viewed on YouTube here.

Thanks,

Patty