Fwd: The No Stadium Tax Coalition - The No Stadium Tax Coalition petition update
From: patty (pattypaxearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 16:11:12 -0800 (PST)
Just for you to know.  patty

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Ady Wickstrom" <ady [at] adywickstrom.com>
Date: November 25, 2011 6:06:54 PM CST
To: <the-no-stadium-tax-coalition [at] googlegroups.com>
Subject: The No Stadium Tax Coalition - The No Stadium Tax Coalition petition update

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving with family and friends.

The first phase of our petition drive is going very well. We are almost half way to our goal of 500 signatures by the end of next week. With 3
signing events this weekend we should be able to make our goal.

Once we reach 500 we turn them in to the County. At that point we must stop
collecting signatures for up to 30 days while the County verifies the
petition. After we get the ok, we must then collect 30,000 signatures in 90 days. We are going to time this so we start the major collection right
after the first of the year.  We are going to need a lot of help then.

During December we will be holding training sessions so that our volunteers
are ready to collect immediately in January.  We will be looking for
volunteers to make phone calls, gather signatures, host signing events, and volunteer at large signing events. If you would like to help in any way,
please join the No Stadium Tax Volunteers group in Google:

http://groups.google.com/group/no-stadium-tax-volunteers

Our upcoming signing events are (note room changes):

- Sat, Nov. 26 - 11:-00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Shoreview Community Center -
Room 202

- Sat, Nov. 26 - 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. - Open House - 1150 Skillman Ave. West,
Roseville

- Sun, Nov. 27 - 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. Shoreview Community Center - Room 206

Please invite your friends (in Ramsey County) and neighbors to attend one of these sessions. We also encourage you to spread the word at church this week about the signing opportunity that afternoon. If you've already signed the petition, please continue to talk to your neighbors and have them email
ady [at] adywickstrom.com.

Because we are starting to incur expenses with the petitions and renting rooms, we would appreciate small contributions ($5-$10). If you can help
please send a check made out to "The No Stadium Tax Coalition" to our
treasurer:

 Gregg Larson
 3377 Snelling Avenue
 Arden Hills, MN  55112

There are several opportunities for public comment in the next couple weeks:

- Mon, Nov. 28 - 6:30 - Ramsey County Tax Hearing - Roseville Area High
School (more info http://www.co.ramsey.mn.us/home)

- Tues, Nov. 29 - 9:00 a.m. - Room 15 State Capitol - MN Senate
Informational Hearing on Vikings Stadium
(http://www.senate.leg.state.mn.us/schedule/schedule.php?ls=&type=upcoming&c
mte_id=1019&cmte_type=standing)

- Tues, Dec. 6 - 12:30 p.m. - Room 15 State Capitol - MN Senate
Informational Hearing on Vikings Stadium
(http://www.senate.leg.state.mn.us/schedule/schedule.php?ls=&type=upcoming&c
mte_id=1019&cmte_type=standing)

Also, for residents of Arden Hills, your City Council will be voting on a resolution supporting the stadium on TCAAP Monday night (28th). They need to do this because they will testify with other proponents at the hearing at the Capitol on Tuesday. We encourage you to attend and let your Council
know your thoughts.  Bring your neighbors - lots of them!

Thank you for your support on the important issue.  We are truly
demonstrating democracy in action!

Ady

Ady Wickstrom
ady [at] adywickstrom.com
(651) 780-5245

--
The No Stadium Tax Coalition

For more information visit our website at www.NoStadiumTax.info or like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/TheNoStadiumTaxCoalition. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Group "The No Stadium Tax Coalition".

the-no-stadium-tax-coalition+unsubscribe [at] googlegroups.com

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/the-no-stadium-tax-coalition?hl=en

We want YOU to be a whistle blower