Fwd: [WAMM] Lovely weather for a peace rally.
From: patty (pattypaxearthlink.net)
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 11:30:00 -0700 (PDT)
HI, wanted you all to see this email and come if you can.  patty

Begin forwarded message:

From: WAMM <wamm [at] mtn.org>
Date: March 16, 2011 12:35:06 PM CDT
To: wamm [at] lists.riseup.net
Subject: [WAMM] Lovely weather for a peace rally.

As the snow melts and the sun comes out, it makes us come alive, awakens our souls to the possibilities for the world. We know what the world could be, should be, and now, like the Egyptians, it's time to take to the streets and say, " Power to the people! " Tell the world we've had enough of Military Madness. Bring our troops and our tax dollars home and put our misplaced money back into schools and jobs. Quit killing people and let the healing of our world begin.

With that in mind, I want to invite you to be part of the rally this weekend. on Saturday March 19th. Focusing on the unending wars, their effect on the economy , and what it is all doing to workers rights, we will gather at 1 pm at Martin Luther King community Center at 270 North Kent Street, St Paul and march through the streets of St. Paul, banging pots and pans and announcing to the world our discontent over endless war, misplaced budget priorities and union busting. We will march to the state capitol building for a rally at 2:15.

Wear your WAMM gear, your peace t-shirts and hats. Come march behind the WAMM banner or bring your Union banner and fellow Union members and march with them. Bring pots and pans to bang, in honor of newspaper columnist Molly Ivin's dying wish that the people take to the streets, banging pots and pans and telling the world they have had enough of wars and bad government.

If you are too young or too old to march meet us at the capitol for the rally.

It's spring break, so bring a student or two, or four , or six . Come speak out, enjoy the weather and walk like an Egyptian.

Then when the raliy is over, come and dance! dance! dance!

Social and Fundraiser for Bus to NYC Rally

3:30 to 8:00 p.m.
Black Dog Café, 308 Prince Street, St. Paul

Send Minnesotans to the “Rally Against the Wars at Home and Abroad” on April 9th in New York City. Join others at a concert fundraiser to help raise scholarship funds for activists to ride the WAMM bus to April’s national antiwar rally.

Dance and sing away the last of your winter blues and help bring about the dawning of a new day. It's time for major change. Be a part of it.

Peace, love and solidarity,

Kim