Tues: Caucus not salon and resolution
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 15:16:14 -0800 (PST)
Patty Guerrero sent the message below.
Hi,

No salon this Tuesday so we can attend our caucuses.  Also , I am
forwarding a resolution on torture sent by The Center for Victims of
Torture.

Thanks,  patty

The Center for Victims of Torture
Sample Resolution to Ban Torture

                RESOLUTION TO BAN TORTURE AND CRUELTY

WHEREAS: Torture and cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment are
ineffective interrogation tools that do not protect us and endanger
American soldiers serving abroad.

WHEREAS: Torture violates deeply cherished American values of human
dignity, fairness and the rule of law. America's anti-torture tradition
stems from long-held principles that are fundamental to America's honor
and strength.

WHEREAS: All U.S. personnel need clear, detailed guidance on humane
standards of treatment for those held in U.S custody.

WHEREAS: The practice of extraordinary rendition -- handing over prisoners
to nations known to use torture -- threatens the American commitment to
the rule of law and the principles of liberty and due process guaranteed
by our Constitution.

BE IT HEREBY RESOLVED: That the U.S. establish the Army Field Manual for
Interrogations (FM 2-22.3) as the minimum standard of treatment for all
detainees during interrogations conducted by U.S. personnel, including the
CIA and government contractors.

BE IT FUTHRER RESOLVED: That the United States end the extraordinary
rendition of prisoners to countries that use torture and cruel, inhuman
and degrading treatment.

717 E River Parkway  Minneapolis, MN 55455  612.436.4800
http://www.cvt.org          January 2008