DEC. 28: NELSON MANDELA AND CUBA'S AFRICAN ODYSSEY
From: Minnesota Cuba Committee (mncubagmail.com)
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 07:25:10 -0800 (PST)
*NELSON MANDELA AND CUBA'S AFRICAN ODYSSEY:*

*How Cuba's forces helped defeat apartheid in South Africa*

*SATURDAY, DECEMBER 28UJIMA, the third day of Kwanzaa*

Honoring the principle of collective work and responsibility: to build and
maintain our community together, to make our brothers' and sisters'
problems our problems, and to solve them together.

*6:00–7:00 pm: Social hour, refreshments7:00–9:00 pm: Short excerpt
from **Cuba:
An African Odyssey**, followed by discussion with U of Minnesota Professor
August Nimtz*

*Pillsbury Community Center 3501 Chicago Avenue South, Minneapolis*

Free event. All are welcome. RSVP requested to MNCuba [at] gmail.com or
612-367-6134. Sponsored by Obsidian Arts (www.obsidianartscenter.org) and
the Minnesota Cuba Committee (www.minnesotacubacommittee.org).