Forum: Cuban Missile Crisis
From: Minnesota Cuba Committee (mncubagmail.com)
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 11:14:33 -0700 (PDT)
*The Cuban Missile Crisis October 1962; 50 Years Later
The lessons of October: what we know now, what we thought then*

7:30, Wednesday, October 24
Room 1-147, Carlson School of Management
321 Nineteenth Avenue South
University of Minnesota West Bank

50 years ago this month, the world experienced a harrowing 13 days of
nuclear brinksmanship known as the Cuban missile crisis. We now know much
more about the events of those days and new information continues to become
available, as the events of those days continue to reverberate.

This forum presents two of Minnesota's foremost Cuba experts, along with a
local witness to the events. The panel includes:

   - Professor Gary Provost, College of St. Benedict/ St. John's
   University, Co-author, US-Cuban Relations: A Critical History;
   - Felino de la Peña, Cuban-American member, Fair Play for Cuba
   Committee, 1962;
   - August Nimtz, Professor of Political Science, University of Minnesota,
   Co-coordinator, Minnesota Cuba Committee

For more information, Minnesota Cuba Committee, 612-367-6134