Progressive Calendar 10.11.11 / 2
From: David Shove (shove001umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:52:16 -0700 (PDT)

1. OccupyMN v TCF 10.11 5pm
 2. No stadium tax     10.11 6pm
3. Pentel/party          10.11 6pm
4. 9/11                     10.11 7pm
5. Full moon walk      10.11 7pm
 6. Money/series        10.11 {and on) 7pm
7. UHCAN                10.11 7:30pm

 8. Chris Hedges - Why the elites are in trouble
9. ed                 - Bumpersticker

--------1 of 9--------

Brad Sigal bradsigal [at] gmail.com to bcc: me
OccupyMN v TCF 10.11 5pm

March from OccupyMN will target TCF Bank Tuesday at 5:00 p.m.
“The 99% have had enough of TCF Bank’s domination of Minnesota politics and
economy!”

On Tuesday, Oct. 11 at 5:00 p.m., there will be a rally at the OccupyMN
occupation (Government Plaza a.k.a. People’s Plaza, 300 S. 6th St,
Minneapolis) which will then march to TCF Bank. The march will target TCF
Bank because the bank is based in the Twin Cities and plays a huge role in
buying pro-corporate politicians to shape pro-corporate and anti-people laws
and policies in Minnesota.

TCF Bank is a huge contributor to pro-corporate politicians and causes. In
the 2010 elections, TCF Bank gave $250,000 to the State Fund for Economic
Growth, LLC, which in turn gave the money to MN Forward to support far right
wing pro-corporate politicians, and the Taxpayer’s League of Minnesota,
which is dedicated to destroying any government program that benefits poor
or working people.

TCF Bank tried to make it hard for the public to even know where they are
spending their political contributions. Last year, Target corporation came
under intense criticism and protests for their contributions to MN Forward,
but TCF Bank did not receive as much public criticism because they funneled
their contributions through the State Fund for Economic Growth, LLC, which
is entirely funded by TCF Bank. It took further reasearch before it became
known that SFEG was just an added layer of bureaucracy to hide the TCF’s
political contributions to extreme pro-corporate and anti-people causes.
According to Kim DeFranco, a participant in OccupyMN and a member of the MN
Coalition for a People’s Bailout, “TCF Bank is terrible. Everyone should
come out to the People’s Plaza to march on TCF this Tuesday at 5:00 pm. They
shamelessly defend the ultra-rich, giving endless money to pro-corporate
right wing politicians, while they snub poor and working people. On Tuesday
at 5:00 p.m. we’ll send them a strong message that the 99% won’t take it
anymore.”

--------2 of 9--------

Amber Garlan
No stadium tax 10.11 6pm

There is a Ramsey County Charter Commission hearing Tuesday 10/11/11 at 6:00
in St. Paul City Hall chambers on the 3rd floor to hear public comments on
tax money being spent to build a new Vikings Stadium.  If you would like to
get on the list to speak, please contact Bonnie Jackelen at
bonnie.jackelen [at] co.ramsey.mn.us or 651 266-8014.

I [Amber] am on the list to speak.  Here is the fact that I am going to
give.Ramey County eliminated its “Meals on Wheels” program that delivered
meals to our vulnerable adults in 2011 due to lack of funding.The question
that I am going to ask is; why do we have enough tax payer money to
subsidize a multi millionaire, but not enough money to deliver food to
vulnerable adults?

It is good information to know that the Charter Commission by law required
to put the tax subsidy on the ballot. The address of St. Paul City Hall is
15 Kellogg Blvd, W. in St. Paul 55102.