Progressive Calendar 09.30.10
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 12:52:00 -0700 (PDT)
             P R O G R E S S I V E   C A L E N D A R  09.30.10

1. FFunch munch       10.01 11:30am
2. Palestine vigil    10.01 4:15pm

3. Peace walk         10.02 9am Cambridge MN
4. Chemicals/health   10.02 10am
5. Sabathani fest     10.02 10am
6. Haiti/women        10.02 10am
7. Safer cleaning     10.02 10am
8. Backyard farming   10.02 11am
9. Fong Lee/cops      10.02 1pm
10. CUAPB             10.02 1:30pm
11. Northtown vigil   10.02 2pm
12. Radical media     10.02 3pm
13. Working democracy 10.02 7pm

14. Stillwater vigil  10.03 1pm
15. Steinhagen dinner 10.03 5pm

16. Pentel campaign - Against the Dem-controlled FBI raids
17. Erwin Marquit   - Communist Party statement on FBI raids in Minnesota
18. Kevin Zeese     - Searches of activists up under Bush-Obama
19. Chris Arsenault - FBI targets US Palestine activists
20. Tom Burghardt   - FBI raids activists in sinister COINTELPRO replay

--------1 of 20--------

From: David Shove <shove001 [at] tc.umn.edu>
Subject: FFunch munch 10.01 11:30am

Ffunch 10.01 11:30am

Meet the FFUNCH BUNCH!
11:30am
First Friday Lunch (FFUNCH) for progressives.
Informal political talk and hanging out.

Day By Day Cafe 477 W 7th Av St Paul.
Meet on the far south side.

Day By Day has soups, salads, sandwiches, and dangerous
apple pie; is close to downtown St Paul & on major bus lines

"Yes Virginia, there is a ffunch."
"That's good daddy, because otherwise I would have suffered lifelong
depression, disenchantment, and a newly discovered extreme variant of
Enkelkling's Diaremic Syndrome..."

--------2 of 20--------

From: Eric Angell <eric-angell [at] riseup.net>
Subject: Palestine vigil 10.01 4:15pm

The weekly vigil for the liberation of Palestine continues at the
intersection of Snelling and Summit Aves in St. Paul. The Friday demo
starts at 4:15 and ends around 5:30. There are usually extra signs
available.

--------3 of 20--------

From: Ken Reine <reine008 [at] umn.edu>
Subject: Peace walk 10.02 9am Cambridge MN

every Saturday 9AM to 9:35AM
Peace walk in Cambridge - start at Hwy 95 and Fern Street

--------4 of 20--------

From: Erin Parrish <erin [at] mnwomen.org>
Subject: Chemicals/health 10.02 10am

October 2: Planned Parenthood Chemicals and Reproductive Health: It's
Getting Personal. More couples facing infertility. Sperm counts going
down. Reproductive cancers going up. What's going on? Scientists are
finding that exposures to hormone-disrupting chemicals in cosmetics,
plastics, cleaners, and other consumer products we use every day are
playing a role. Keynote speaker: Charlotte Brody, Director of Chemicals
and Green Chemistry, BlueGreen Alliance. Registration, 9:30 AM; Forum, 10
- 11:30 AM. RSVP requested but not required.

--------5 of 20--------

From: Women Against Military Madness <wamm [at] mtn.org>
Subject: Sabathani fest 10.02 10am

Sabathani Community Center Annual Event: "Up and Rising Festival"
Saturday, October 2, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Sabathani Community Center,
310 East 38th Street, Minneapolis.

The Sabathani Community Center Annual Event will be host to a number of
activities including; music, entertainment, food, games, and information
about community services at Sabathani. WAMM will have an information booth
available at the event. Endorsed by: WAMM.