Progressive Calendar 02.06.09
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 00:01:24 -0800 (PST)

1. Silencing activists 2.06 11am
2. Ffunch (egad!)      2.06 11:30am
3. Devji               2.06 1pm
4. Boycott Israel      2.06 3pm
5. RNC8 benefit        2.06 10pm
6. Antiracism/register 2.06

7. Permaculture        2.07 9am
8. Community garden    2.07 9am
9. Peace walk          2.07 9am Cambridge MN
10. Guatemala/rights   2.07 10am
11. Homeless vets      2.07 10am
12. Mpls strike/tour   2.07 1pm
13. Northtown vigil    2.07 2pm
14. RNC litigation     2.07 4pm
15. Dakota/justice/CTV 2.07 9pm

16. rnc08          - Support postRNC organizing!
17. Steven Salaita - Call for academic boycott of Israel
18. George C-Maher - Culture of police brutality; the struggle continues
19. James Petras   - Israel asserts MidEast supremacy: Gaza to Tehran 2/2

--------1 of 19--------

From: Lydia Howell
Silencing activists 2.06 11am

The Green Scare - Using Terrorism Laws to Silence Political
Will Potter on "The Green Scare: Using Terrorism Laws to Silence Political
Activists"

TUNE IN; Friday, Feb. 6, 11am KFAI Radio to hear an interview with WILL
POTTER on "Catalyst:politics & culture", hosted/produced by Lydia Howell.
KFAI Radio, now powerede up to  900 watts!
90.3fm Mpls 106.7fm St.Paul

Live-streaming/archived for 2 weeks after broadcaSt on the "Catalyst" page
at http://www.kfai.org

--------2 of 19--------

From: David Shove <shove001 [at] tc.umn.edu>
Subject: Ffunch (egad!) 2.06 11:30am

Ffunch 2.06 11:30am

Meet the FFUNCH BUNCH!
11:30am-1pm
First Friday Lunch (FFUNCH) for progressives.
Informal political talk and hanging out.

Day By Day Cafe 477 W 7th Av St Paul.
Meet on the far south side.

Day By Day has soups, salads, sandwiches, and dangerous
apple pie; is close to downtown St Paul & on major bus lines

Egad, how can you resist??

--------3 of 19--------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] hotmail.com>
Subject: Devji 2.06 1pm

Friday, 2/6, 1 to 3 pm, New School history prof Faisal Devji speaks on
"The Terrorist in Search of Humanity: Militant Islam and Global Politics,"
room 308, Elmer L Andersen Library, 222 - 21st Ave S, West Bank U of M,
Mpls.  http://igs.cla.umn.edu/events/

--------4 of 19--------

From: luce <luce [at] riseup.net>
Subject: Boycott Israel 2.06 3pm

MINNESOTA OUT OF PALESTINE!
DEMAND THE END TO ALL TRADE WITH ISRAEL
Protest outside of the Minnesota Trade Office
THIS Friday, February 6th, 3pm
332 Minnesota Street, Saint Paul
bring signs, banners, bullhorns
Demand the Immediate End to All Trade with Israel

--------5 of 19--------

From: info [at] rnc8.org
Subject: RNC8 benefit 2.06 10pm

Blondie and Best Friends Forever

Despite rumors to the contrary, members of the RNC8 DO love to dance and
listen to live music. So we are stoked about this concert on Friday
February 6 at the Bedlam Theatre!

City Pages 2008 Picked to Click choice Bouncer Fighter
(http://tinyurl.com/acpc72) will mix it up with the amazingly smooth Black
Blondie (http://tinyurl.com/6brj27) and a big scoop of the sugar-coated
pop of Best Friends Forever (http://tinyurl.com/33bcjk) for a Friends of
the RNC 8 benefit.

Friday, FEB 6
10PM, $5 and up suggested donation
@ the Bedlam Theatre www.bedlamtheatre.org
1501 6th St. S, next to the Cedar-Riverside lightrail station in Minneapolis
See ya on the dance floor!