Announcing the Congress Action Group
From: Austin Case (austinvotenader.org)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 23:20:09 -0800 (PST)
Dear friends and colleagues,

It is 12:15am Tuesday morning, and while the outcome of the election
is not yet certain, there is one thing we can be sure of. Whether
Obama or McCain, a filibuster-proof Senate or not; many issues that
are important to all of us are not going to be addressed. From
healthcare to Iraq, we can be fairly certain that without pressure
from an active citizenry, the newly elected Congress will more often
than not bend to the will of wall street, and leave to the wayside
real solutions that are desperately needed in America.

While other campaigns are winding down, the most important part of the
Ralph Nader campaign is just getting started. Nader, who has been
responsible for founding new organizations that have addressed issues
from car safety to food labeling, is now directing all of his efforts
towards a new congressional watch dog group.

We envision 2,000+ citizens in every Congressional district, with
multiple offices and full time staff, organizing and agitating for
real, progressive change to come from Congress.

*We are trying to build a nationwide network of progressives to
 get the group off the ground! I hope that you will take a minute,
and visit this site,
congressactiongroup.blogspot.com and leave your
email to receive  more information about the group. *

Thanks for all of your help this year, and for your commitment to Nov 5th.

Please forward this email on to any email lists or people you think would be
interested.