Progressive Calendar 03.02.08
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 04:14:59 -0800 (PST)

1. Atheists/AM950   3.02 9am
2. Call for peace   3.02 10:30am
3. Stillwater vigil 3.02 1pm
4. Ellsberg/CSPAN   3.02 2pm
5. KFAI/Indian      3.02 7pm
6. Haiti/film       3.02 7pm

7. Hunting doves    3.03 12:30pm
8. Uhcan-mn health  3.03 7pm
9. E-citizenship    3.03 7pm
10. Jewish films    3.03 7/9pm
11. 3CD Green/CTV   3.03 10pm

12. Aeon housing    3.04 7:30am
13. Newspapers/CTV  3.04 5pm
14. Palestine       3.04 6:30pm
15. Woman's rights  3.04 7pm
16. Green caucus    3.04 7pm
17. WCC register

18. B/K Christison - Nader the best antidote to American imperialism
19. Joshua Frank   - Obama and Israel: the bonds that kill
20. Matt Gonzalez  - The Obama craze: count me out
21. Carol Christen - One final corporative capitalist empire
22. PB Shelley     - Ozymandias  (poem)

--------1 of 22--------

From: August Berkshire <augustberkshire [at] gmail.com>
Subject: Atheists/AM950 3.02 9am

Sunday, March 2, 9:00-10:00 a.m. Central Time - "Atheists Talk"  produced
by Minnesota Atheists (http://MinnesotaAtheists.org).  Air America
Minnesota radio, KTNF AM 950 or stream live on-line at
AirAmericaMinnesota.com/listen.

First guest: Hemant Mehta, who will talk about his blog
http://www.FriendlyAtheist.com, his book "I Sold My Soul on eBay," and the
Secular Student Alliance.

Second guest: PZ Myers (http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula) who will
discuss "A Moment of Science: Unintelligent Design."  Studio call-in line:
952-946-6205.  E-mail questions: radio [at] mnatheists.org.

--------2 of 22--------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] hotmail.com>
Subject: Call for peace 3.02 10:30am

Sunday, 3/2, 10:30 am, "Dona Nobis Pacem: A Call for Peace," with slide
show images of war, and the 1st Unitarian Society chorus & orchestra, 900
Mount Curve Ave, Mpls.  http://www.songofpeace.org/index.html or
http://furstunitariansociety.org

--------3 of 22--------

From: scot b <earthmannow [at] comcast.net>
Subject: Stillwater vigil 3.02 1pm

A weekly Vigil for Peace Every Sunday, at the Stillwater bridge from 1- 2
p.m.  Come after Church or after brunch ! All are invited to join in song
and witness to the human desire for peace in our world. Signs need to be
positive.  Sponsored by the St. Croix Valley Peacemakers.

If you have a United Nations flag or a United States flag please bring it.
Be sure to dress for the weather . For more information go to
<http://www.stcroixvalleypeacemakers.com/>http://www.stcroixvalleypeacemakers.com/

For more information you could call 651 275 0247 or 651 999 - 9560

--------4 of 22--------

From: Lydia Howell <lhowell [at] visi.com>
Subject: Ellsberg/CSPAN 3.02 2pm

tune in for an interview with DANIEL ELLSBERG on C-span
SUN.MAR,2 AT 2PM CENTRAL (3PM EASTERN)
in Minneapolis that's on basic cable channel 19

http://www.cspan.org
http://www.booktv.org

--------5 of 22--------

From: Chris Spotted Eagle <chris [at] spottedeagle.org>
Subject: KFAI/Indian 3.02 7pm

KFAI¹s Indian Uprising for March 2, 2008 from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. CST #255

Older Than America (a feature film).  A woman's haunting visions reveal a
Catholic priest's sinister plot to silence her mother from speaking the
truth about the atrocities that took place at her Native American boarding
school. A contemporary drama of suspense, Older Than America (filmed on
location in Cloquet, Minnesota) delves into the lasting impact of the
cultural genocide and loss of identity that occurred at these institutions
across the Untied States and Canada.

"Our goal in making this film was... to shed light on a widely unknown
issue that has had a lasting impact on the Native American community...
The phrase Older Than America refers to who we were as a nation before
mandatory assimilation transformed our identity... The film is dedicated
to Georgina Lightning's father, George De Jong, who after years of
battling the demons of boarding school ultimately committed suicide." ~P
Tribal Alliance Productions.

Principal Cast: Adam Beach (Saulteaux - Canada), Bradley Cooper
(Irish/Italian), Tantoo Cardinal (Cree - Canada) and Wes Studi (Cherokee -
Oklahoma).  2008, U.S., 35mm, 102 minutes,
www.TribalAllianceProductions.com.

Older Than America, will be the "opening night" film for the Walker Art
Center's 15th Annual International Film Festival (through March 29th), in
Minneapolis, of works by women directors - Women With Vision 2008:
Past/Present. The director and producer will introduce their movie with
guest actress, Tantoo Cardinal.

Older Than America, showing Friday March 7th at 7:30 p.m. at the Walker
Art Center's Cinema. Tickets are $8 ($6 Walker members). They can be
purchased by calling the Walker box office 612-375-7600 or online at
walkerart.org/tickets.

Radio program guests are:

Christine Kunewa Walker (Indigenous Hawaiian), Writer/Producer, Tribal
Alliance Productions

Georgina Lightning (Cree - Edmonton, Canada), Writer/Director/Actor,
Tribal Alliance Productions

* * * *
Indian Uprising a one-hour radio Public & Cultural Affairs program relevant
to Native Indigenous people, broadcast each Sunday at 7:00 p.m. CST over
KFAI 90.3 FM Minneapolis and 106.7 FM St. Paul.  Producer and host is
volunteer Chris Spotted Eagle. To receive or stop getting announcements:
radio [at] spottedeagle.org

--------6 of 22--------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] hotmail.com>
Subject: Haiti/film 3.02 7pm

Sunday, 3/2, 7 pm, advance screening of documentary "We Must Kill the
Bandits" about international intervention in Haiti today, 2021 - 26th Ave
S, #2, Mpls.  612-377-4144.  $10 (no one turned away)

--------7 of 22--------

From: Wyn Douglas <wyn_douglas [at] yahoo.com>
Subject: Hunting doves 3.03 12:30pm

On Monday, March 3, 2008, the Minnesota Senate Environment and Natural
Resources Committee will be hearing a bill to repeal the mourning dove
hunting season. This hearing is scheduled to take place at 12:30 PM at the
State Capitol in St. Paul, Room 107.

Please contact the senators who serve on that committee and ask them to
vote for S.F. 2329, supporting the repeal. This is especially important if
one of your senators serve on the committee.

SENATE ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES COMMITTEE
 * Satveer S. Chaudhary (Chair), (DFL-50), 651.296.4334
 * Dan Skogen (Vice Chair), (DFL-10), 651.296.5655
 * Pat Pariseau (Ranking Minority Member), (R-36), 651.296.5252
 * Ellen R. Anderson, (DFL-66), 651.296.5537 (Co-author of dove bill)
 * D. Scott Dibble, (DFL-60), 651.296.4191 (Chief author of dove bill)
 * Steve Dille, (R-18), 651.296.4131
 * Dennis R. Frederickson, (R-21), 651.296.8138
 * Bill G. Ingebrigtsen, (R-11), 651.297.8063
 * Gen Olson, (R-33), 651.296.1282
 * Tom Saxhaug, (DFL-03), 651.296.4136
 * Kathy Sheran, (DFL-23), 651.296.6153
 * Katie Sieben, (DFL-57), 651.297.8060
 * LeRoy A. Stumpf, (DFL-01), 651.296.8660
 * Jim Vickerman, (DFL-22), 651.296.5650

The Green Party of Minnesota is part of a coalition to help save the
mourning dove. This coalition includes the MN Humane Society, the Humane
Society of the U.S., the Avian Welfare Coalition, three chapters of the
Audubon Society in MN, Archbishop Flynn, and several MN wildlife groups.
The Sierra Club may also join the effort.

The Green Party of Minnesota may also be testifying at the hearing. GPMN
Political Chair, David Strand, is working to find someone. (If you have
some expertise in this area and want to help, contact David at
mncivil [at] yahoo.com.)

Special thanks to Howard Goldman and Jill Fritz of the Humane Society of
the U.S., who are helping to lead this effort.

Eric Makela, Minneapolis Co-Founder, Green Party Animals (The GPMN's
animal rights caucus)

--------8 of 22--------

From: Nora Longley <noralongley [at] hotmail.com>
Subject: Uhcan-mn health 3.03 7pm

The next UHCAN-MN organizing meeting is: Monday, March 3, 7PM, Walker
Church, 3104 16th Ave S, Mpls. in the Art Gallery (lower level)
(Walker Church is 1 block from Lake Street and Bloomington Ave). (Note:
regularly scheduled mtgs are now first Monday of each month).

Bring your thoughts, ideas, actions for building the Movement for
Single-Payer: Health Care as a Human Right, based on need, government
guaranteed for all MN and U.S.

Suggested items ?  (yours' are welcome):

-Welcome, intros,
-Orientation, background
-Expending the Network, latest base-building attempts
-Legislation:  UHCAN-MN bill for '08 session (expand public programs),&
  single-payer bill
-Direct Action Health Care Affinity Group to Resist the RNC,other actions
-MN Health Fund for preventive/ER/resources services progress

refreshments served
See you there, bring a friend,

--------9 of 22--------

From: Jonathan Barrentine <jonathan [at] e-democracy.org>
Subject: E-citizenship 3.03 7pm

This Monday, St. Paul E-Democracy is hosting a free workshop on tools for
e-citizenship.  We will cover topics such as issues forums, local
reference wikis, citizen journalism, community portals and local blogs,
and we will discuss both existing sites and the (often simple) process of
creating your own.  Additionally, SPIF Forum Manager Rick Mons will be
there to talk about the St. Paul Issues Forum.  Come learn how to use the
internet to become more informed and involved in your community!

Tools for E-Citizenship
FREE WORKSHOP