Progressive Calendar 10.25.07
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 14:25:09 -0700 (PDT)

1. NWN4P New Hope    10.25 4:30pm
2. Eagan vigil       10.25 4:30pm
3. Northtown vigil   10.25 5pm
4. Tour StP CityHall 10.25 6:30pm
5. Moon color walk   10.25 7pm
6. StP SkoolBd forum 10.25 7pm
7. Rsvl SchBd forum  10.25 7pm
8. Walid Raad        10.25 7pm
9.  Facing the truth 10.25 7pm
10. Peacemaking      10.25 7pm
11. Son in Iraq      10.25 7:30pm

12. Intl health      10.26 10am
13. Indigenous art   10.26 7pm
14. Pod people       10.26 7pm
15. HydroponicGrower 10.26 7pm

16. Meditation       10.27 9am
17. Up yours, king   10.27 10am
18. End the war now  10.27 12noon
19. Celebrate stuff  10.27 5pm

20. Gary Olson - Are humans "wired for empathy"? Neuroscience/justice
21. ed         - Servant's entrance  (poem)

--------1 of 21--------

From: Carole Rydberg <carydberg [at] comcast.net>
Subject: NWN4P New Hope 10.25 4:30pm

NWN4P-New Hope demonstration every Thursday 4:30 to 6 PM at the corner of
Winnetka and 42nd.  You may park near Walgreens or in the larger lot near
McDonalds; we will be on all four corners.  Bring your own or use our
signs.

--------2 of 21--------

From: Greg and Sue Skog <skograce [at] mtn.org>
Subject: Eagan peace vigil 10.25 4:30pm

CANDLELIGHT PEACE VIGIL EVERY THURSDAY from 4:30-5:30pm on the Northwest
corner of Pilot Knob Road and Yankee Doodle Road in Eagan. We have signs
and candles. Say "NO to war!" The weekly vigil is sponsored by: Friends
south of the river speaking out against war.

--------3 of 21--------

From: EKalamboki [at] aol.com
Subject: Northtown vigil 10.25 5pm

email: (763)574-9615, ekalamboki [at] aol.com.

--------4 of 21--------

From: Charlie Swope <mcswope [at] yahoo.com>
Subject: Tour StP CityHall 10.25 6:30pm

The Ramsey County Historical Society will host a tour of St. Paul City
Hall and Ramsey County Courthouse from 6:30 to 9 p.m. Thursday. The focus
of the tour is the extraordinary woodwork installed at the courthouse in
1930 by the Villaume Box and Lumber Co. (now known as Villaume
Industries), a St. Paul company celebrating its 125th anniversary this
year. The event is free. Call 651-222-0701 to RSVP.

--------5 of 21--------

From: "wamm [at] mtn.org" <wamm [at] mtn.org>
Subject: Moon color walk 10.25 7pm

Coldwater Full Moon Tour: Fall Color Walk

Thursday, October 25, 7:00 p.m. (Gather); 7:15 p.m. (Walk) Minnehaha Park,
54th Street South, Minneapolis (South End of the Pay Parking Lot). In the
early evening dusk one should be able to see the last of the fall color on
the Mississippi bluff. As daylight shortens and autumn rains end, plants
stop manufacturing food. Nutrients and water are drawn back into stems and
leaves lose their green (chlorophyll) color showing yellow, orange or, in
oaks, brown (tannic acid). Plus the traditional group howl! FFI: Visit
<www.friendsofcoldwater.org>.

--------6 of 21--------

From: Anne R. Carroll <carrfran [at] qwest.net>
Subject: StP SchBd forum 10.25 7pm

School Board Candidates, Thursday, October 25, 7:00-9:00 p.m., Ronald M.
Hubbs Center for Lifelong Learning at 1030 University Avenue West, Saint
Paul (one block east of Lexington Pkwy). Please remember that the School
Board is citywide, so all St. Paul residents are constituents!

--------7 of 21--------

From: John Kysylyczyn <john [at] ksolutionsllc.com>
Subject: Rsvl SchBd forum 10.25 7pm

The League of Women Voters will host a forum:
October 25, 7pm, Roseville School Board at Roseville City Hall

--------8 of 21--------

From: Mizna  <mizna-announce [at] mizna.org>
Subject: Walid Raad 10.25 7pm

Thursday, October 25, 2007
Walid Raad
Walker Arts Center. 1750 Hennepin
Minneapolis MN 55403. 7 pm. Free.

Join artist Walid Raad for a performative lecture on his writing and
visual art, which grapples with the representation of traumatic events of
collective historical dimensions and the ways that film, video, and
photography function as documents of physical and psychological violence.

His recent work includes The Atlas Group (1989-2004), a project composed
of audio, visual, and literary elements dealing with the contemporary
history of Lebanon, particularly the Lebanese wars from 1975 to 1991. Raad
teaches at Cooper Union in New York, and his pieces have been shown at
documenta 11 in Kassel, Germany, the Venice Biennale, and the Whitney
Biennial, among many others. Co-presented with Walker Arts Center.

Mizna is a forum for Arab American art.  Visit our website at
http://www.mizna.org

--------9 of 21--------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject: Facing the truth 10.25 7pm

Thursday, 10/25, 7 pm, documentary "Confronting the Truth" about the truth
and reconciliation process after conflicts in Peru, South Africa, East
Timor and Morocco, Humphrey Institute, Cowles Auditorium, 301 - 19th Ave
S, Mpls. ccfilmseries [at] gmail.com or http://www.creativeconversations.info/

--------10 of 21--------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject: Peacemaking 10.25 7pm

Thursday, 10/25, religion writer and speaker, as well as education
coordinator for Every Church a Peeace Church, Michael Hardin gives a
presentation on "Mimetic Theory and Peacemaking," at 7pm at St Martins
Table (2001 Riverside Ave, Mpls).  Bill Berneking, 952-473-7839.

--------11 of 21--------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject: Son in Iraq 10.25 7:30pm

Thursday, 10/25, 7:30 pm author Ann Iverson reads from "Definite Space,"
exploring the tension around her son's deployment to Iraq, Magers & Quinn
Book, 3038 Hennepin, Mpls.  www.magersandquinn.com

--------12 of 21--------

From: Erin Parrish <erin [at] mnwomen.org>
Subject: Intl health 10.26 10am

More on October 26: MNSAFPlan Annual Meeting. 10AM at the Minnesota
International Health Volunteer offices in Assembly Rooms 1 and 2. Agendas
will be available at the meeting.

--------13 of 21--------

From: Theresa Sweetland <theresa [at] intermediaarts.org>
Subject: Indigenous art 10.26 7pm

Intermedia Arts & We Discovered Us presents
Dimensions of Indigenous
October 11-January 5, 2007
Art from and about indigenous people of the Americas.
Gallery Opening Reception Friday, October 26th from 7-10 PM

Come celebrate the preservation of culture through art! Intermedia Arts
has partnered with the founder of the We Discovered Us Celebration to
provide a space for local and national artists who identify with the
indigenous cultures of the Americas through their art and daily life. This
multi-media exhibition showcases seven indigenous artists from around the
Twin Cities who use their visual voice to empower, raise consciousness and
organize around indigenous peoples' issues. Dimensions of Indigenous will
feature painting, photography, jewelry, textiles and mixed media

Friday, October 26th, 2007 from 7-10 PM. Enjoy food, beverages and a
live performance from a traditional Aztec dance group, Danza Mexica
Cuauhtemoc.

Intermedia Arts, 2822 Lyndale Avenue South, Minneapolis
Intermedia Arts is a catalyst that builds understanding among people
through art. www.intermediaarts.org