Progressive Calendar 03.14.07
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 05:25:53 -0700 (PDT)

1. Women/capitol      3.14 9am
2. Family matters     3.14 10am
3. Labor/sustain/CTV  3.14 10am
4. Muslim/feminism    3.14 12noon StCloud MN
5. Peacekeepers       3.14 6:30pm
6. TACSR stadium      3.14 7pm
7. Bruce Cockburn     3.14 7:30pm
8. Amnesty Intl       3.14 7:30pm
9. Produce 4 peace    3.14
10. KFAI off the air  3.14

11. Housing action    3.15 9am
12. Seal demo         3.15 12noon
13. Brutality bill    3.15 12:30pm
14. Eagan peace vigil 3.15 4:30pm
15. Northtown vigil   3.15 5pm
16. Ground Truth/f    3.15 6pm
17. Food forum        3.15 6:30pm
18. Peace bus/DC      3.15

19. Alfred Aeppli - Out of Iraq - MN Leg bills
20. CorpCrimeRptr - Coal-powered Democrats
21. Kevin Zeese   - The Democrats' fraudulent Iraq exit plan
22. C Wilkerson   - Scenes from a cop riot
23. ed            - Haiku plus two

[The server this Calendar uses was down for 2 days. -ed]

--------1 of 23--------

From: wamm <wamm [at] mtn.org>
Subject: Women/capitol 3.14 9am

Women Come to the Minnesota State Capitol

Wednesday, March 14, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Minnesota State Capitol, 75
Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, St. Paul.

Issues and workshops that affect women; legislative meetings. Open to the
public.  Sponsored by: The Women's Consortium. FFI and to register: Call
651-228-0338 or email <bharti [at] mnwomen.org

Come to support Welfare Rights in the struggle against slave-labor
"Workfare." Workfare forces parents receiving welfare to work for no pay
in order to receive the monthly welfare grant. In October of 2006,
Pawlenty's MN Department of Human Services opened the door for more people
to be pushed into slave labor workfare programs. Pawlenty's current budget
proposal would expand workfare statewide. It is an attack on poor parents
and on all working people. FFI: Call 612-822-8020 or email
<welfarerightsmn [at] yahoo.com>.

--------2 of 23--------

From: erin [at] mnwomen.org
Subject: Family matters 3.14 10am

March 14: Family & Children's Service. Family Matters Tour. Short, power
and informative session about kids and families and how we are trying to
meet the needs in our community. This is NOT a fundraiser. It last 59
minutes and is usually attended by 8-12 people. 10-11 AM. Lake Street
Branch, 4123 East Lake Street, Mpls. space is limited. Reserve at
612/341-1612. www.famchildserv.org.

--------3 of 23--------

From: Eric Angell <eric-angell [at] riseup.net>
Subject: Labor/sustain/CTV 3.14 10am

Dear St. Paul Neighborhood Network (SPNN 15) viewers:
"Our World In Depth" cablecasts at 5 pm and midnight each Tuesday and 10
am each Wednesday in St. Paul.  All households with basic cable can watch.
 Below are the scheduled shows through March 14.

3/13 and 3/14  "Labor and Sustainability: Globalization and
Sustainability"  3-parts: Presentations from the Labor and Sustainability
Conference: R. Dennis Olson of the Institute of Agriculture and Trade
Policy (IATP), Bernie Hesse of the United Food and Commerical Workers
(UFCW 789) and Karen Redleaf of Women's International League for Peace and
Freedom (WILPF).

Minnepolis Television Network (MTN 17) viewers:
"Our World In Depth" has begun cablecasting weekly in Minneapolis on MTN!
The Minneapolis cablecasts are on Channel 17 Saturdays at 9 pm and the
following Tuesday morning at 8:

Sat, 3/17, 9 pm  "Labor Confronts the Climate Crisis" Interview of
Christine Frank of the Climate Crisis Coalition of the Twin Cities (3CTC)
and Karen Redleaf of Women's International League for Peace and Freedom
(WILPF).  Hosted by Eric Angell.

"Our World In Depth" features analysis of public affairs with
consideration of and participation from Twin Cities area activists.  The
show is mostly local and not corporately influenced! For information about
future programing of "Our World In Depth", please send an e-mail to
eric-angell [at] riseup.net.  (PS It might be better than PBS.)