Tues 5:30/7pm Mac College: Water Democracy
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 08:10:20 -0800 (PST)
WHEN:  TUESDAY FEBRUARY 6th, 2007
       5:30pm- refreshments and social
       6pm- Community Water Action Kick-off!
       7pm- adjourn next door for a lecture from Oscar Olivera, leader of
Bolivian water democracy movement- "Agua! Globalization and the Power of the
People!" The lecture is sponsored by International Studies Department of
Macalester.

WHERE: Carnegie Hall, Room 404
         Macalester College, St. Paul, MN

COMMUNITY WATER JUSTICE KICKOFF AND OSCAR OLIVERA SPEECH

Is water a fundamental human right, or a privilege afforded only to those who
can pay? Worldwide, corporations are turning the growing water crisis into
profit, bottling up this precious resource and selling it back to us at
sometimes thousands of times its
regular cost. What does this mean for environmental, economic, and social
justice? What can we do here in the Twin Cities to protect water access as a
human right, both here and abroad?

Corporate Accountability International's Think Outside the Bottle Campaign
addresses these urgent questions. Join us as we kick off our campaign, along
with fellow community leaders, advocates, and activists, mobilizing here the
Twin Cities to challenge corporate
control of water! Planning sessions, action workshops, and free food! All are
welcome; bring your family and friends.

--
Annie Weinberg <annie [at] greencorps.org>
Minnesota Organizer
Corporate Accountability International
Think Outside the Bottle Campaign
703-350-3778