Progressive Calendar 06.15.06
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 03:08:29 -0700 (PDT)
            P R O G R E S S I V E   C A L E N D A R     06.15.06

1. Justice/janitors   6.15 11:30am
2. Down the Fort      6.15 3pm
3. Peace walk         6.15 4pm Duluth MN
4. Eagan peace vigil  6.15 4:30pm
5. Small is beautiful 6.15 5pm
6. Northtown vigil    6.15 5pm
7. CGS dinner         6.15 6pm
8. Queertopia         6.15 6pm
9. Food activism      6.15 8pm
10. Sex               6.15 8pm
11. Battered women    6.15-16
12. MwestSocial forum 6.15-18 Milwaukee WI

13. Grassroots/color  6.16-18 8am
14. SinglePayer/AM950 6.16 5:15pm
15. Irish/film        6.16 6pm
16. Vets for peace    6.16 6pm
17. Spain/film        6.16 7pm
18. Celebrating women 6.16 8pm

19. Cindy Sheehan on Democracy Now
20. Medea Benjamin - Hillary & "Take Back America" suppress dissent
21. Mickey Z       - America: the land of denial
22. Thom Hartmann  - Stand up for democracy with Robert F Kennedy Jr
23. ed             - Profiles in Cowardice

--------1 of 23--------

From: Minneapolis Central Labor Union Council <betsy [at] mplscluc.com>
Subject: Justice/janitors 6.15 11:30am

Working for the American Dream
SEIU Local 26's Justice for Janitors Day
Join SEIU Local 26 Janitors and Community Members in Marching for Justice
for Janitors and All Workers

Thursday, June 15
11:30am - Rally at Government Center Plaza in downtown Minneapolis
(corner of 5th Street and 4th Avenue)
12noon - March from Government Center Plaza to Peavey Plaza down
Nicollet Mall

On June 15th, SEIU commemorates the Anniversary of the famous "Justice for
Janitors" campaign in the city of Los Angeles. On that day, janitors
rallied to demand better working conditions. The violent reaction of the
police to their protest caused worldwide repulsion, and as a result, L.A.
janitors won the union representation they wanted.