Progressive Calendar 11.26.05
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 14:20:51 -0800 (PST)
             P R O G R E S S I V E   C A L E N D A R     11.26.05

1. Sensible vigil      11.27 12noon
2. KFAI/Indian         11.27 4pm
3. NWA strike          11.27 4pm
4. Mohamed/IAgov/TV    11.27 10:30pm

5. Community planning  11.28 5:30pm
6. Eminent domain      11.28 6pm?
7. MN human rights     11.28 6:30pm
8. Toxics/community    11.28 7pm
9. AI Augustana        11.28 7pm

10. Contra war/Indians 11.29 12noon
11. Women's consortium 11.29 5:30pm
12. YAWR metro-wide    11.29 6pm
13. Arab world/film    11.29 6pm
14. Women/peace/film   11.29 7pm

15. Richard Sauder - The American economy leaves America
16. Laura Donnelly - JobTracker
17. Scott McLarty  - It's time to dump the Dems, support Green insurgency
18. ed             - Let us give no thanks (poem)

--------1 of 18--------

From: skarx001 <skarx001 [at] umn.edu>
Subject: Sensible vigil 11.27 12noon

The sensible people for peace hold weekly peace vigils at the intersection
of Snelling and Summit in StPaul, Sunday between noon and 1pm. (This is
across from the Mac campus.) We provide signs protesting current gov.
foreign and domestic policy. We would appreciate others joining our
vigil/protest.

--------2 of 18--------

From: Chris Spotted Eagle <chris [at] spottedeagle.org>
Subject: KFAI/Indian 11.27 4pm

KFAI's Indian Uprising for Nov 27

GIVE THANKS NO MORE; IT'S TIME FOR A NATIONAL DAY OF ATONEMENT by Robert
Jensen, OpEdNews.com, November 21, 2005.  One indication of moral progress
in the United States would be the replacement of Thanksgiving Day and its
self-indulgent family feasting with a National Day of Atonement
accompanied by a self-reflective collective fasting.  In fact, indigenous
people have offered such a model; since 1970 they have marked the fourth
Thursday of November as a Day of Mourning in a spiritual/political
ceremony on Coles Hill overlooking Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts, one of
the early sites of the European invasion of the Americas.
http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_robert_j_051121_give_thanks_no_more_3b.
htm

DEFINING WHERE YOU ARE GOING by Roberto Dansle, Indian Country Today, July
20, 2005.  Elders from all tribes have told us that a "vision" is
essential for our wellbeing.  The past forms you or deforms you.  But the
future ­ a vision ­ "transforms" you.  We are defined not only by where we
have been.  We are defined, also, by where we are going.

SACRED NATIONS by Scott Barta, Guest Columnist for Dakota Journal,
November 4-11, 2004.  To the non-Indigenous Americans, the natural world
is a "nuisance" and something that must be controlled.  To them, the
four-legged animals and their inherent freedom, for example, are something
to be afraid of by the American people.

EXCESSIVE NUMBER OF RECIPIENTS DILUTES FEDERAL FUNDS TO TRIBES by Ray
Carter, Dolan Media Newswires, September 17, 2004.  U.S. Senate candidate
Tom Coburn said that federal aid to Native Americans is being divided
among so man recipients - including those whose ancestry is overwhelmingly
non-Indian - that those with the most need often receive little benefit.

* * * *
Indian Uprising is a one-half hour Public & Cultural Affairs radio program
for, by, and about Indigenous people & all their relations, broadcast each
Sunday at 4pm over KFAI 90.3 FM Minneapolis and 106.7 FM St. Paul.
Current programs are archived online after broadcast at www.kfai.org, for
two weeks.  Click Program Archives and scroll to Indian Uprising.

--------3 of 18--------

From: Solidarity Committee <nwasolidaritymsp [at] hotmail.com>
Subject: NWA strike 11.27 4pm

Just writing to mobilize everyone out to the picket lines.  Time to get
out of that food coma, put on your hats and mittens, grab that picket
sign, and carry the movement forward.

The Thanksgiving Rush Solidarity Picket is extremely important, as it
happens during one of the busiest two hour periods of the year for
Northwest Airlines.  We will have the opportunity to interface with
literally tens of thousands of passengers.  Also, many of the passengers
are returning home to other cities that lack NWA maintenance operations,
and therefore have no AMFA picket lines.  We will be interacting with
passengers who may not have seen a picket line on their outbound trip from
their home town.

Please wear your red I SUPPORT NORTHWEST WORKERS paraphernalia

The details are as follows:
4-pm, Sunday November 27
PLACE: STRIKE HEADQUARTERS. 7800 International Drive in Bloomington.
Parking Lot of the AmeriSuites Hotel.  On the I-494 Frontage Road just
West of the intersection of I-494 and 34th Avenue South.  Free
transportation will be provided to and from the picket line.

--------4 of 18--------

From: Ahmed <ata200221 [at] msn.com>
Subject: Mohamed/IAgov/TV 11.27 10:30pm

BelAhdan this week an interview with Sal Mohamed An Egyptian American
running for a governor in Iowa

Ahmed Tharwat/Host
BelAhdan. with Ahmed
Arab Americans TV show
Airs on MN Public TV Ch17
Sundays at 10:30pm
And every Tuesday at 6:30pm ET on
National TV/ Bridges TV
Channel 578 on DISH Network

 <http://www.belahdan.com/> www.Belahdan.com
 <mailto:ahmedtharwat [at] belahdan.com> ahmedtharwat [at] belahdan.com