Progressive Calendar 03.25.12 /2
From: David Shove (shove001umn.edu)
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 03:23:08 -0700 (PDT)
 *P R O G R E S S I V E   C A L E N D A R    03.25.12 *

1. Atheist radio      3.25 9am
2. Stillwater vigil     3.25 1pm
3. Pentel/ecology   3.25 1/3pm
 4. Resist war         3.25 3pm
5. USA bike report 3.25 5:30pm

6. Scott Cramer - When I called you up     [Haiku Open chain of 3]

--------1 of 6--------

From: AWE
Atheist radio  3.25 9am

Sunday, March 25, 9:00am-10:00am  “Atheists Talk” Radio
AM 950 KTNF in the Twin Cities or stream live at http://www.am950ktnf.com.
Speaker:  John Rawles discusses “The Matter with us: A Materialistic
Account of the human predicament.”  Contact us during the show with
questions or comments at (952) 946-6205 or radio [at] mnatheists.org.

--------2 of 6--------

From: scot b <earthmannow [at] comcast.net>
Subject: Stillwater vigil 3.25 1pm

positive.
Sponsored by the St. Croix Valley Peacemakers.If you have a United Nations
flag or a United States flag please bring it.
<
http://www.stcroixvalleypeacemakers.com/>http://www.stcroixvalleypeacemakers.com/

From: "Ken Pentel" <kenpentel [at] yahoo.com>
Pentel/ecology 3.25 1/3pm

Dear Supporters and Trackers of the Ecology Democracy Network,
Both gatherings below will take place on the same day and location.
Please help spread the word. I hope to see you there,

Sunday, March 25th
The Hennepin County Downtown Library, 300 Nicollet,
Katherine Ann Forster Room: N-304
downton Minneapolis (one block from LRT stop)

Introduction to the Ecology Democracy Network
1-3pm
My presentation and conversation will be a about:
·         The Ecology Democracy Network mandates and organizing strategy.

Study Circle on the Corporation: Honoring Richard Grossman

3:00-5:00pm

In 1994 I had a chance to spend time with a variety of organizers at a
retreat in Finland Minnesota; one of them was Richard Grossman, who helped
educate the group about the corporation. Richard passed away November 2011.

We will spend time reading from interviews and articles with Richard
Grossman.

>From Wikipedia: Richard Lee Grossman (born August 10, 1943, died November
22, 2011) was the former co-director of the Program on Corporations, Law
and Democracy (POCLAD). He was co-author of Taking Care of Business:
Citizenship and the Charter of Incorporation. He lectured widely on issues
of corporate power, law and democracy. He was also one of the teachers for
the Daniel Pennock Democracy School, which tries to help people understand
how and why corporations have more rights than human beings.

"how and why corporations [that is, rich people]  have more rights than
human beings"  [that is, everybody else, that is, we that the rich
exploit/strip mine/frack/ grind up for fodder]. The rich can and do do
whatever they want to us, fully-owned barnyard animals, and we like damn
fools, aka lesser-evil do-nothings, let them. - ed comment

--------4 of 6--------

From: WAMM
Resist war 3.25 3pm

Talk by Emma Cape: “About Face: Military Resisters Turn Against the War”
Sunday, March 25, 3:00 p.m. Mayday Books, 301 Cedar Avenue South,
Minneapolis.

Join Emma Cape from Courage to Resist, with their new book “About Face:
Military Resisters Turn Against the War.” The book documents resistance
from Vietnam till now, from Daniel Ellsberg to Bradley Manning, and Emma
will focus our attention toward ways to support Manning and others facing
military blowback now, for resisting illegal wars. Free and open to the
public. Sponsored by: Veterans for Peace, Chapter 27. FFI: Call 612-821-9141.

--------5 of 6--------

From: WAMM
USA bike report 3.25 5:30pm

Pedal Story: Reflections on the State of the Union as Seen from Two Wheels
Sunday, March 25, 5:30 p.m. Mayday Books, 301 Cedar Avenue, Minneapolis.

Hear stories about peace and war, the economy, social justice struggles and
human relations, collected by David and Anne Winkler-Morey, on the first
nine months of their bike journey around the perimeter of the United
States. Presented by: David Winkler-Morey, local activist and social worker
with Minneapolis Public Schools. A Fundraiser for WAMM. FFI: Call WAMM,

Haiku Open
A chain of 3 from Scott Cramer

when I called you up
little did I know how much
we needed to say

who is listening
to all our frequent warnings
of impending doom

I would rather be
out smashing the police state
on days I have off

--Scott Cramer scott [at] northernsun.com

ShoveStove