2nd Annual Minnesota Cuban Film Festival Feb.24-March 31
From: Minnesota Cuba Committee (mncubagmail.com)
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 20:05:11 -0800 (PST)
*2nd Annual Minnesota Cuban Film Festival
7:30 pm, Thursdays, March 24-April 21, 2011*

With sell-out crowds at last year's festival, Minnesotans'  love affair with
Cuban cinema is clear. And it is also clear that there is a hunger for
information about this intriguing island to our south, so rich in music and
the arts. Yet, despite all that we have to share with one another, our
government still denies us acess. So, although most of us can't get there in
person, we can get a taste of Cuban life through their movies.

The film festival will again be presented at St. Anthony Main Theatre and
will  consist of six features.

Likely films include *Sons of Cuba* <http://www.sonsofcuba.com/>, *Por
Primera Vez <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405251/> (For the First Time),
Lisanka <http://www.havanatimes.org/?p=26523>,
**Mañana*<http://www.radiocaribe.co.cu/secundaria/cultura/94.htm>
*, (Tomorrow), Video de
Familia<http://eng.cinemacity.org/video-de-familia.film.122.htm?year=2008>
 (Family Video) *and* **Se Permuta*
<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0122700/>* (House
for Swap)*.
Confirmed is an appearance by Emmy award winner Saul Landau with his new
film, *Will the Real Terrorist Please Stand up?* on Thursday, March 10.
All films are subtitled and each will be followed at a nearby bistro with a
discussion about the film. Admission will be $7.00 for most features.

*Become a sponsor*
 Help us to break down the barriers by continuing to bring top Cuban films
to Minneapolis-St. Paul.  Become a sponsor of the festival (see below) and
you will also be ensured of a reserved seat for each film as well as
recognition in the festival brochure.

 Sponsorship of the festival is available at two levels: individual and
organizational.

An individual sponsorship is $50 and above. It entitles the sponsor to a
complimentary reserved seat for each film and recognition in the festival
brochure.

 An organizational sponsorship is $200 and above. It entitles the sponsor to
a complimentary reserved seat for each film and an advertisement in the
festival brochure.

To become a sponsor, go to minnesotacubacommittee.org and click on the
donate button.  Be sure to fill in your name when you are prompted to "add
special instructions to the seller," so that we can be sure to reserve a
seat for you.
* *
If you prefer, you can mail a check made out to "Students for Cuba" to Gary
Prevost, 4432 Russell Avenue North, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55412. For more
information, call Greg at 763-228-2899.