Progressive Calendar 07.23.10
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 00:43:13 -0700 (PDT)

1. Palestine vigil 7.23 4:15pm
2. RNC8 potluck    7.23 5pm
3. Organic farm    7.23 6pm
4. Merriam potluck 7.23 6:30pm

5. Peace walk      7.24 9am Cambridge MN
6. Pentel in Mound 7.24 12noon
7. Stone film free 7.24 1:15pm
8. CUAPB           7.24 1:30pm
9. Northtown vigil 7.24 2pm
10. Save Big Bog   7.24 2pm Bemidgi MN
11. Plan Samhain   7.24 5pm
12. Global warming 7.24 9pm

13. United for Peace - US troops in Costa Rica
14. Kevin Zeese      - Cut social security? Are the Democrats crazy?
15. Paul Buchheit    - Give us your lavishly rich, your xenophobic

--------1 of 15--------

From: Eric Angell <eric-angell [at] riseup.net>
Subject: Palestine vigil 7.23 4:15pm

The weekly vigil for the liberation of Palestine continues at the
intersection of Snelling and Summit Aves in St. Paul. The Friday demo
starts at 4:15 and ends around 5:30. There are usually extra signs
available.

--------2 of 15--------

From: info [at] rnc8.org
Subject: RNC8 potluck 7.23 5pm

July 23: Potluck in the Park for the National Day of Solidarity for Scott
DeMuth

The National Day of Solidarity for Scott is only days away! If you're in
Minneapolis, join us for food, fun, and good company! And don't miss the
official Conspiracy Tour kickoff event! Be among the first to join the
Conspiracy!

Featuring:
- "Conspiracy: the Musical," a puppet show extravaganza
- Music by our friend Heidi Barton Stink (http://www.myspace.com/bartonstink
)
- Pre-Tour Discussion and Potluck

* When: Friday, July 23rd, 5-7:30pm for food and games
* Where: Powderhorn Park (near the stage), Minneapolis

If you're able, please bring a dish to share. We'll make sure to have
some vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options available, but bring what
you need with some to spare if you can. Donations are appreciated for
Scott's legal defense fund.

Not in Minneapolis? There's still time to arrange a solidarity event for
Scott in your town! Grab some friends, do something fun, spread the word
about Scott's case, and contribute to creating a strong culture of
resistance and solidarity across the nation!

--------3 of 15--------

From: Erin Parrish <erin [at] mnwomen.org>
Subject: Organic farm 7.23 6pm

July 23: Women's Environmental Institute Organic Farm School. "The Good
Food Revolution" with Will Allen, Growing Power, Inc. Drop-in class is
$20, drop in field day is $10. 6 PM at the University of Minnesota Coffman
Theatre. Register.

--------4 of 15--------

From: "Krista Menzel (Merriam Park Neighbors for Peace)" <web [at] MPPeace.org>
Subject: Merriam potluck 7.23 6:30pm

2010 Merriam Park Neighbors for Peace Potlucks

Monthly potluck at a member's home or go out to dinner together -
usually on a Friday at 6:30 p.m.
Friday, July 23, 2010
Please e-mail info [at] mppeace.org or call Anne at (651) 647-0580 or Krista at
(651) 641-7592 for more information.
http://www.mppeace.org/events/

--------5 of 15--------

From: Ken Reine <reine008 [at] umn.edu>
Subject: Peace walk 7.24 9am Cambridge MN

every Saturday 9AM to 9:35AM
Peace walk in Cambridge - start at Hwy 95 and Fern Street

--------6 of 15--------

From: PRO826 [at] aol.com
Subject: Pentel in Mound 7.24 12noon

You are invited to join the Ecology Democracy Party's gubernatorial
candidate, KEN PENTEL, in a discussion about bringing ecological
consciousness and greater democracy to politics in Minnesota.  Ken is
completing his campaign tour of the northern part of MN on bicycle and
will be joining others from the campaign team, including Danene
Provencher, on the 24th to celebrate the success of the campaign:

KEN PENTEL for Governor 2010:
Meet the Candidate/Discussion on Bringing Ecological Consciousness and
Greater Democracy to MN Politics

Saturday July 24, 2010 12-2:00 PM
Dakota Rail Bike Trail (Adjacent to) 2281 Commerce Blvd Mound, MN 55364

Contact:  651-695-1966 or advanceteam [at] kenpentel.org

The Ecology Democracy Party grew from the already flourishing Ecology
Democracy Network, established by Ken Pentel over the last two years while
bicycling over 6,000 miles grass roots organizing around the State.  The
Ecology Democracy Party was established to transition the thinking and
action in our culture from a human-centered to an ecological-centered
approach in relation to how we manage our relationship with our home,
planet Earth.  The Ecology Democracy Party will restore a harmonious and
sustainable relationship with our natural environment through a structural
change of the fundamentals of Minnesota Government.  This change is to be
brought about through the following three Ecology Democracy Party
mandates:

Ecology Democracy Party mandates:
* Establishing an ecology-based economy for Minnesota
* Implementing proportional representation for the State House
* Removing Big Money and Corporate Interference in Minnesota Government

Ken Pentel is a Minnesota native and former Green Party gubernatorial
candidate with 11 years of work experience with Greenpeace and 12 years
of work experience developing the Minnesota Green Party.  Ken is the
founding director of the Ecology Democracy Network.

--------7 of 15--------

From: Joan Malerich <joanmdm [at] iphouse.com>
Subject: Stone film free 7.24 1:15pm

Great opportunity to see free what promises to be a riveting documentary
focusing on the revolutionary Latin American countries.  I advise getting
there early to get a ticket.  When the Cuban film series showed (organized
by Greg K), two of the films had standing room only and people were turned
away.  I think it will be the same for Oliver Stone's South of the Border.

Message was forwarded to me by Greg Klave of the MN Cuba Committee.

We have a theater at St Anthony Main for a free screening of Oliver
Stone's, South of the Border, for 1:15 PM, Saturday, July 24th!!!!
Community activists & friends, Mn Film Arts and the Press to be invited.