Progressive Calendar 07.20.10
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 15:17:23 -0700 (PDT)

1. Rwanda v Erlinder 7.20 5pm
2. Philippines       7.20 6:30pm
3. RNC 8/free dinner 7.20 6:30pm

4. Alliant vigil     7.21 7am
5. Pentel 4 Governor 7.21 7pm
6. Ethnic studies    7.21 7pm

7. Strib           - MN protestors vs Dem natl convention in Mpls 2012
8. Carl Romanelli  - vs PA Dems re Nader & third parties
9. Glenn Greenwald - The real US government
10. Chris Hedges   - Calling all future-eaters
11. Cindy Sheehan  - Requiem for the antiwar movement

--------1 of 11--------

From: Eric Angell <eric-angell [at] riseup.net>
Subject: Rwanda v Erlinder 7.20 5pm

St. Paul Neighborhood Network (SPNN) viewers
"Our World In Depth" cablecasts on SPNN Channel 15 on Tuesdays at 5pm,
midnight and Wednesday mornings at 10am, after DemocracyNow!  Households
with basic cable may watch.

Tues, 7/20 @ 5pm & midnight + Wed, 7/21, 10am
"Genocide Denial?  The State of Rwanda v. Peter Erlinder"

Recently released from detention in Rwanda, William Mitchell College of
Law Professor Peter Erlinder shares details of his recent and ongoing
ordeal.  Erlinder and his two heroic Kenyan attorneys who won Peter's
release describe the context of the detention and the global effort to
save his life and gain his freedom.  (interview filmed 6/29/2010)

--------2 of 11--------

From: patty <pattypax [at] earthlink.net>
Subject: Philippines 7.20 6:30pm

This Tuesday, July 20, Eugenie de Rosier, who comes to the salon, will
present a little program about her recent travels and work in the
Philippines while in the Peace Corps.  I know it will be very interesting.

From: info [at] rnc8.org
Subject: RNC 8/free dinner 7.20 6:30pm

July 20th: Dinner = Good. Jail = Bad.

Join us for a free meal prepared by the RNC 8 and friends, Tuesday, July
20th. This is a great opportunity to stop on by to enjoy tasty free food
and continue to show your support over the summer as we prepare for a
trial in the fall.

As always, gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian options will be available.

Tuesday, July 20th
6:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.
3104 16th Ave S. (Walker Church basement)

--------4 of 11--------

From: AlliantACTION <alliantaction [at] circlevision.org>
Subject: Alliant vigil 7.21 7am

Join us Wednesday morning, 7-8 am
Now in our 14th year of consecutive Wednesday
morning vigils outside Alliant Techsystems,
7480 Flying Cloud Drive Eden Prairie.
We ask Who Profit$? Who Dies?
directions and lots of info: alliantACTION.org

--------5 of 11--------

From: PRO826 [at] aol.com
Subject: Pentel 4 Governor 7.21 7pm

Ken Pentel for Governor 2010
Campaign Volunteer Recruitment Meeting
July 21, 2010
7:00 p.m.
Java J's Coffee Shop
700 N. Washington Ave.
Minneapolis, MN  55401
Directions:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Minneapolis&state=MN&address=700+Washington+Av
e+N&zipcode=55401-1100&country=US&latitude=44.987412&longitude=-93.27658&geocode
=ADDRESS

Hello potential volunteers for the Ken Pentel for Governor campaign,

Ken Pentel has worked diligently across the state over the past 2 years
bicycling over 6,000 miles to build the Ecology Democracy Network.  On May
8th, 2010, a group of core supporters of the network met at a park in
Golden Valley to form a new political party in Minnesota, the Ecology
Democracy Party.  After formalities of forming the party were finalized
the meeting transitioned into a party convention where Ken Pentel was
endorsed as the gubernatorial candidate for the party.

Ken officially registered as a candidate with the State of MN on July 1st.
For the past month, the campaign has been building its infrastructure with
committees forming and point people stepping up as committee coordinators.
We have been meeting weekly and now is the time to engage with others who
may want to volunteer for the campaign.

Some of the goals for the campaign are to have a presence at the MN State
Fair this year.  This is a 12 day event that will require volunteers to
help out with a four hour shift at the Ken Pentel for Governor booth
between August 26th and Labor Day.

Volunteers are also needed for research for the Advance Team as Ken
campaigns across the state, data entry, mailings, campaign literature
drops, phone banking, website, fundraisers, house parties, etc.  We would
also appreciate donations (goods and services) for the silent auctions at
our upcoming fundraisers in August.

  As mentioned in previous communications, the Ecology Democracy Party and
Ken Pentel promote the following mandates:

 1. Establishing an ecology-based economy for Minnesota
 2. Implementing proportional representation for the MN State House
 3. Removing big money and corporate interference in Government

The campaign will be focused on the structural problems in our political
arena and on formulating a connection between the ongoing issues we
address each election cycle and how the mandates will move policies to
more ecologically, economically and democratically sustainable practices.

Ken will be returning from the northern loop of the campaign trail at the
end of July and is available for speaking engagements at house parties or
other venues.  We will tentatively have one or two fundraisers in August,
prior to the State Fair, and then Ken will travel the southern loop after
Labor Day.

If you are concerned about the Earth, our democracy and the economy, this
campaign could be a good fit for you.  Please join us for the campaign
volunteer meeting on the 21st of July or call me if you can't make the
meeting, but would like to help out. Together we can make a difference.

Since this campaign does not take corporate or PAC donations, your
donation would help for ongoing campaign expenses.  If you are able to
help, send donation to:

Ken Pentel for Governor
P.O. Box 3872
Minneapolis, MN  55403

Danene Provencher Co-campaign Manager Ken Pentel for Governor 2010