Progressive Calendar 07.06.10
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 12:33:45 -0700 (PDT)

1. Haiti/CTV       7.06 5pm
2. Conversation    7.06 6:30pm
3. Amnesty Intl    7.06 7pm
4. Uhcan-mn        7.06 7:15pm

5. Alliant vigil   7.07 7am
6. Bill Hinkley    7.07 5pm
7. Merriam neigh   7.07 6pm
8. Pastors/peace   7.07 6pm
9. CRA meeting     7.07 6:30pm
10. Letters to ed  7.07 6:30pm
11. Palestine film 7.07 7pm Northfield MN

12. Christina Tobin - Green Party congratulated, Dem Party scolded
13. David Macaray   - Scapegoating civil servants/race to the bottom
14. David K Thomson - Toronto is the World/ defeat
15. Tom Burghardt   - Military spying and torture continues under Obama
16. ed              - Country-Western Song Title

--------1 of 16--------

From: Eric Angell <eric-angell [at] riseup.net>
Subject: Haiti/CTV 7.06 5pm

Dear St. Paul Neighborhood Network (SPNN) viewers:
"Our World In Depth" cablecasts on SPNN Channel 15 on Tuesdays at 5pm,
midnight and Wednesday mornings at 10am, after DemocracyNow!  Households
with basic cable may watch.

Tues, 7/6 @ 5pm & midnight + Wed, 7/7, 10am
"Standing With Haiti"

In January, disaster hit the people of Haiti.  A 7.0 quake cost an
estimated 50,000 - 200,000 lives.  With guests Laura Flynn of the Aristide
Foundation and Rebecca Cramer of the Haiti Justice Committee, we go
in-depth to provide historical context as to why the earthquake was so
devastating.  We talk about US-Haiti relations, relief efforts and current
dangers facing the courageous people of Haiti. (4/10)

--------2 of 16--------

From: patty <pattypax [at] earthlink.net>
Subject: Conversation 7.06 6:30pm

Tuesday, July 6, will be Open Conversation.
[Scripts may be provided for those who aren't up to improvisation. -ed]

The last Tuesday of July is The Little Book of the Odd Month Club and
we are reading Mountains Beyond Mountains, by Tracy Kidder.  The Story
of Paul Farmer and Partners in Health.  Then we have to pick out
another "little" book with meaning.  So, do you have one to suggest?

From: Gabe Ormsby <gabeo [at] bitstream.net>
Subject: Amnesty Intl 7.06 7pm

Saint Cloud Area Amnesty International meets on Tuesday, July 6th, from
7:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the St. Cloud Public Library, 1300 W. St. Germain,
Saint Cloud. For more information contact Jerry Dirks, 320-251-6491 or
jerry.dirks [at] gmail.com.