Progressive Calendar 05.08.10
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 11:05:54 -0700 (PDT)

1. Train day       5.08 11am
2. CUAPB           5.08 1:30pm
3. Climate lobby   5.08 1:30pm
4. Northtown vigil 5.08 2pm
5. Amnesty Intl    5.08 2pm
6. Pentel/party    5.08 5pm
7. Marv/Carol      5.08 7pm
8. Vandana Shiva   5.08 9pm

9. Danene Provencher - Don't repeal the MN nuclear power moratorium:
10. Missy Beattie    - Fools for politics/catastrophically ashamed
11. Russell Mokhiber - How oil companies cheat
12. W John Green     - Mockus' surprising run/Green is for Go in Colombia

--------1 of x--------

From: Andrew Hine <amhine2 [at] gmail.com>
Subject: Train day 5.08 11am

National Train Day
May 8, 11a.m. - 6 p.m.
Amtrak Midway Depot, 730 Transfer Road, Saint Paul, MN
Why: to recognize and celebrate the significant past, present and future of
passenger rail in Minnesota.

Visitors and immigrants by the hundreds of thousands once boarded
passenger trains in the east and headed west to the Twin Cities. Some were
looking for adventure while others were looking for work, but together
they changed Minnesota and the world. We are building on that history
today as we move forward to expand the reaches of transit and passenger
rail in the metro and Minnesota.

Announcing the Inaugural Celebration of National Train Day in the Twin
Cities! Please join us for the first official local celebration of
National Train Day.

Highlights: Step into a brand new Burlington Northern Sante Fe Class 1
Engine
See the sleeping arrangements on an Amtrak Sleeper
Visit the past in 3 restored vintage rail cars
Drawing: 3 pairs of Round Trip tickets on the Empire Builder

Exhibits: Full size engines and other railroad equipment, historic rail
cars, model railroads of all scales and passenger rail enthusiasts.

Operation Lifesaver will be there with their crash car (a vehicle that was
involved in a railroad incident) to teach kids (and adults!) about safety
around trains and rail crossings.

FREE entertainment and give aways (including a drawing for 3 pairs of
round trip tickets to Chicago).
Children's activities: Kids of all ages will have an opportunity to become
Jr. Rangers and many of the exhibits have activities especially for kids.

National Park Service EXPERIENCE YOUR AMERICA
Denise Niedzolkowski Secretary to the Superintendent Mississippi National
River and Recreation Area 111 Kellogg Boulevard East, Suite 105 Saint
Paul, MN 55101 651-290-3030 ext 238 651-290-3214