Progressive Calendar 05.01.10
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 11:44:16 -0700 (PDT)

1. IWW labor march    5.01 1pm
2. CUAPB              5.01 1:30pm
3. Northtown vigil    5.01 2pm
4. Immigrant/march    5.01 2pm
5. Immigration/reform 5.01 2pm
6. ENP                5.01 6:30pm
7. Labor/BlackDog     5.01 6:30pm
8. Vandana Shiva/CTV  5.01 9pm

9. Stillwater vigil   5.02 1pm
10. Mayday parade     5.02 1pm
11. SugarBeets/labor  5.02 2pm

12. Muhcc           - UNANIMOUS single-payer vote Minneapolis city council
13. Mumia Abu Jamal - Time bombs
14. Karl Grossman   - Spill, baby, spill: blow out in the Gulf
15. Stephen Lendman - National Public Radio's (NPR) pro-Israeli bias
16. Bill Quigley    - Fed immigration enforcement is out of control
17. Frank Scott     - Wake up and smell the system

--------1 of 17--------

From: rodneykin [at] riseup.net
Subject: IWW labor march 5.01 1pm

CALL-OUT FOR LABOR FEEDER MARCH

This May Day, workers in the Twin Cities must stand in solidarity with the
immigrant rights movement.

The U.S. government's anti-immigrant policies are an issue for all working
people, whether we were born in this country or another.

ICE and other immigration authorities frequently use their powers to break
unions or deport workers who stand up for themselves. Immigration laws are
used to benefit the employing class by making undocumented workers
particularly vulnerable to retaliation by the bosses.

Faced with the government's inability to change its racist immigration
laws workers must demand immediate action from the Obama administration.

This Saturday, May 1st is the day we take to the streets to stand against
the continued criminalization of immigration in the United States.At the
same time we stand in solidarity with those who have come before us.

Since 1890, May 1st has been an international workers labor day. A day to
celebrate our history and to reaffirm our commitment to free ourselves
from wage slavery. For too long in this country, the bosses and their
cronies in the government have used national origin and racism as a
way to divide workers and pit us against each other. It's time that we
recognize the importance of solidarity and of the principle that an
injury to one is an injury to all.

This May Day a LABOR MARCH will begin in Phelps Park (39th and Park Av.)
at 1:00 pm and head to the immigration rally at Martin Luther King Park
(Nicollet Ave. between 41st and 42nd St.)

There we will form a WORKERS BLOC within the
INTERNATIONAL WORKERS DAY MARCH
and RALLY FOR IMMIGRANT AND WORKERS RIGHTS.

All workers, their families, and their allies are invited and welcome to
join us as WE MARCH FOR A BETTER TOMORROW

Immigration is a labor issue and labor is up in arms!
They cannot divide us with their borders...legalization now!