Progressive Calendar 01.23.10
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 05:00:51 -0800 (PST)

1. Peace walk      1.23 9am Cambridge MN
2. KFAI scheudule  1.23 10am
3. Palestine       1.23 10:30am
4. CUAPB           1.23 1:30pm
5. Northtown vigil 1.23 2pm
6. MN open progs   1.23 2pm
7. Zerby/book      1.23 4pm
8. Besieged Gaza   1.23 6pm
9. Erlinder/Africa 1.23 9pm

10. Palestine      1.24 9:15am
11. Stillwtr vigil 1.24 1pm
12. MPIRG/health   1.24 3pm
13. Ethiopia/novel 1.24 5pm
14. Peace walk     1.24 6pm RiverFalls WI

15. Harvey Wasserman  - The Weimar Democrats
16. Marshall Auerbach - It's about the economy/Obama still doesn't get it
17. Carl Finamore     - What's missing from critiques of Obama: class
18. Gary Corseri      - Form a second (ie non-corporate) party
19. PC Roberts        - Security fools/ the rule of law has been lost
20. ed                - God's email grace  (haiku)
21. ed                - Bumpersticker

--------1 of 21--------

From: Ken Reine <reine008 [at] umn.edu>
Subject: Peace walk 1.23 9am Cambridge MN

every Saturday 9AM to 9:35AM
Peace walk in Cambridge - start at Hwy 95 and Fern Street

--------2 of 21--------

From: Lydia Howell <lydiahowell [at] visi.com>
Subject: KFAI scheudule 1.23 10am

I really RTEALLY hope people in the community will find time to come to
one of these forums, ask questions and raise their voices in terms of what
they want the direction for KFAI Community Radio to be. The stqation is at
a critical crossroads ad YOUR VOICE IS NEEDED. People of color,
progressives, and youth (people UNDER 40!) are especially needed!Share
widely.

This is a followup reminder about informational Q&A meetings taking place
this week regarding upcoming schedule changes. All programmers and
volunteers who have not attended previous meetings are strongly encouraged
to attend these meetings, which will take place this Saturday, Jan. 23 at
10 a.m. and Wednesday, Jan. 27 at 7 p.m. Both meetings will be at KFAI in
Studio 5.

If you have attended any of the previous Q&A meetings regarding program
changes, including the one in November at the Heart of the Beast Theater,
you can probably skip these January events. There will be no information
offered here that was not previously made available to attendees of
previous confabs.

However, if you have NOT attended any of these informational meetings, you
are STRONGLY advised to do so. No definite proposal yet exists, but
changes in KFAI's program schedule are coming -- and soon -- and it's
important you know the reasons why. There will be plenty of time allotted
to answer questions from attendees.

These meetings will be your last public opportunity to get background
information on this process -- and to ask questions BEFORE the February
Program Committee meeting. (The Program Director will present some
PRELIMINARY proposals at that meeting, which like all PC meetings will be
open to the public. Time and place for this will be announced on the KFAI
Forum.)

On behalf of staff and the rest of the Program Committee, I strongly
encourage you to make the time to attend one of these meetings in Studio
5. Again, that's Saturday, Jan. 23 at 10 a.m. and Wednesday, Jan. 27 at 7
p.m.

Ron Thums Member, Program Committee

P.S. Those who cannot make either meeting can view detailed minutes (and
related material) from the November informational Q&A at Heart of the
Beast Theater. You will find this info in downloadable PDF form at:
www.kfai.org/programming

--------3 of 21--------

From: Charles & Hertha Lutz <chlutz1 [at] comcast.net>
Subject: Palestine 1.23 10:30am

Saturday, Jan. 23, 10:30am, at Westminster Presbyterian, Meisel Room, 1200
Marquette Av., Mpls: "Why Peace Has Failed Israel and Palestine - Is
Mission Possible?" Presentation by Prof. Don Wagner, director of North
Park University Center for Middle East Studies. A Presbyterian scholar,
Wagner is author of "Anxious for Armageddon: a Call to Partnership for
Middle Eastern and Western Christians." Event is free and open to public;
light refreshments will be served. Parking available at Orchestra Hall
ramp, Marquette and 11th St. More info: Cynthia Arnold, 814-280-3154.
Wagner will address the same issue...