Progressive Calendar 11.20.09
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 16:51:19 -0800 (PST)

1. Frances M Lappé 11.20 7pm/11.21 9am

2. Peace walk      11.21 9am Cambridge MN
3. Palestine       11.21 10am
4. Green gifts     11.21 10am
5. Ecology/Pentel  11.21 11:30am
6. Cook off        11,21 12noon
7. CUAPB           11.21 1:30pm
8. Northtown vigil 11.21 2pm
9. Cavlan/Sicko/f  11.21 5pm
10. IWW fall feast 11.21 6pm
11. Pablo Casals   11.21 7pm/11.22 4pm
12. Nonpart party  11.21 7pm

13. Mark Weisbrot - Honduran dictatorship: threat to hemispheric democracy
14. ed            - bumpersticker

--------1 of 14--------

From: Alliance for Sustainability <iasa [at] mtn.org>
Subject: Frances Moore Lappé 11.20 7pm/11.21 9am

Wisdom Ways Conference with Frances Moore Lappé - "The Myth of Choice &
the Taste of Democracy: Building a Local Food Economy." The conference
program will open on Friday, November 20 at 7:00 pm with a keynote opening
by Frances Moore Lappé (5:00 pm pre-conference showing of Food, Inc. with
soup & bread is available for $5). The 9:00 am - 4:00 pm Saturday program
features local organizations and advocates working to build a just and
sustainable local food system. Cost: $40/$20.00 for students. Related
program for children of conference participants: $20.

Location: Carondelet Center 1890 Randolph Avenue, Saint Paul, MN.

Conference collaborators: Alliance for Sustainability and Minnesota
Institute for Sustainable Agriculture. Program presenters: Common Harvest
Farm, Dream of Wild Health, Earth Partners-Sisters of St. Joseph,
Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy, Land Stewardship Project,
Minnesota Food and Justice Alliance, The Minnesota Project, Mississippi
Market Co-op, St. Martins Table, Zander Foods formerly Zander Café and
more Minnesota food, farm, and ecology organizations and advocates that
support sustainable practice and policy.

Complete Streets Grassroots training session Nov. 21
9:30 Registration and coffee
10:00 Program begins
Saturday, November 21, 2009
9:30 AM - 12 PM
Macalester College
Weyerhauser Hall
http://www.macalester.edu/about/mapbynumber.html

ONLINE
<https://www.thedatabank.com/dpg/132/mtgdetail.asp?formid=tlcmeet&caleventid
=15773>  REGISTRATION

Find out how you can work for legislation to make Minnesota's streets
safer for everyone, regardless of age or ability. Transit users,
bicyclists, children, seniors, people with disabilities: everyone deserves
to be able to safely arrive at their destination.

Learn about policies being proposed to require planners to consider the
needs of all users when designing or re-designing a street in Minnesota.
Share your story and collect others' stories to strengthen the case for
this legislation!

--------2 of 14--------

From: Ken Reine <reine008 [at] umn.edu>
Subject: Peace walk 11.21 9am Cambridge MN

every Saturday 9AM to 9:35AM
Peace walk in Cambridge - start at Hwy 95 and Fern Street

--------3 of 14--------

From: Women Against Military Madness <wamm [at] mtn.org>
Subject: Palestine 11.21 10am

A Panel of First Time Visitors to Palestine: A Life Changing Experience
Saturday, November 21, 9:30 a.m. (Refreshments); 10:00 a.m. (Presentation
and Discussion) Lutheran Church of Christ the Redeemer, 5440 Penn Avenue
South, Minneapolis.

 Ellen Abbott, a Minneapolis family law attorney who specialized in
alternative dispute resolution, will talk about the many legal
difficulties and obstacles for Palestinians.
 Nasrin Jewell, an Iranian-American Professor at St. Catherine University,
teaches economics and a course on Women in the Middle East. She will talk
about the effects of occupation in terms of human rights and daily life.
 Fouzi Slisli is an Assistant Professor at St. Cloud State University. He
teaches and writes on colonialism and social justice in the Muslim world.
 Ken Tilsen is an 82-year old attorney who spent most of his life
representing people in struggle for peace and justice. He will discuss his
trip, with nine other members of his family, to Israel and Palestine,
including observations of expulsion of Palestinians from the Temple Mount
area of Jerusalem.

Sponsored by: Middle East Peace Now (MEPN). The WAMM Middle East
Committee is a member of MEPN. FFI: Call 651-696-1642 or email mepn [at]
mepn.org

--------4 of 14--------

From: Do It Green! Minnesota <Do_It_Green_Minnesota [at] mail.vresp.com>
Subject: Green gifts 11.21 10am

4th Annual Green Gifts Fair * Sat, Nov 21 * 10am-5pm * Midtown Global
Market

Kick off the holiday season with Do It Green! Minnesota's free 4th Annual
Green Gifts Fair on Saturday, November 21st from 10am-5pm at the Midtown
Global Market on Lake St. and 10th Ave. in Minneapolis.

Shop among 75+ local, eco-friendly artists and businesses, pick up the new
2010 edition of Do It Green! Magazine, catch the low carbon cook-off, an
eco fashion show, children's activities, and learn how to entertain green
this holiday season. This is a free family fun event. Estimated attendance
is 6,000+.

Activities at the Green Gifts Fair include:

* 70 + local green retailers
* Launch of the 2010 Do It Green! Magazine
* Taste test at the Low Carbon Cook Off with local chefs
* Sew your own reusable cloth gift bag
* Kids can make a recycled origami decorative ornament
* International Food Market vendors
* Eco Fashion Show
* Local holiday foods cooking tips, demos and recipes
* Keeping a non-toxic and clean house during the holidays
* Low Waste Oasis on hosting green holiday gatherings
* Eco holiday tree displays