Progressive Calendar 11.11.09
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 03:17:22 -0800 (PST)

     more events for 11.11
1. Tackling torture  11.11 10am
2. Jaradat/Palestine 11.11 12noon
3. Winona LaDuke     11.11 5:30pm

4. Green News    - Greens urge defeat of Dems fake reform health bill
5. Dave Lindorff - In US, selfishness & lack of solidarity know no bounds
6. Doug Page     - What will it take to break our trance?
7. Fidel Castro  - The annexation of Colombia to the United States
8. Rich Broderick- Tie a yellow ribbon: the endless war comes home again
9. ed            - Secede

--------1 of 9--------

From: Rowley Clan <rowleyclan [at] earthlink.net>
Subject: Tackling torture 11.11 10am

T3 Tackling Torture at the Top

Anyone who's interested in joining our T3 Committee is welcome!  We
usually meet at St. Martin's Table [Riverside Av Mpls SE of Cedar Av]
on Wednesdays at 10 a.m.

We will be focusing next on the strange case of torture-enabler Robert
Delahunty who now teaches at University of St. Thomas Law School but while
serving in Bush's Office of Legal Counsel co-authored the January 2002
memo with John Yoo that directed CIA, military and other government
operatives to ignore the Geneva Conventions vis a vis people Bush declared
to be terrorists or enemy combatants in Afghanistan and elsewhere.

The article below is just out at TC Indymedia and is particularly good
because it has so many links to all of the earlier correspondence with
Condi's hosts at the Synagogue, our letter to the FBI and US Attorney
notifying them of Condi's crimes as well as a number of the great videos
and photos so please disseminate it to others on your e-mail lists,
through blogs, facebook, etc.  I should also mention that the Star Tribune
had a
<http://www.startribune.com/politics/69535212.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP
4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aUUsZ> good article too (although it unfortunately
garnered a lot of nasty, name-calling comments).  We shall overcome!
Coleen R.

Condi
<http://tc.indymedia.org/2009/nov/condi-chat-beth-el-brings-secret-permit-fi
rst-amendment-area-dissing-goldstone-anti-torture> chat at Beth El brings
secret permit, First Amendment Area, dissing Goldstone & anti-torture
demonstration

THANKS to everyone who came out to St. Louis Park on Sunday night to
demonstrate against torture and other war crimes!  And to show we still
know right from wrong and can do something to show we are not all
complicit in our government's illegal war atrocities.  A special thanks to
all of our "Tackling Torture at the Top" committee; the brave Women
Against Military Madness, Vets for Peace, National Lawyers Guild-MN
Chapter and Anti-War Committee for their support; to Ann Galloway for
making and reciting the sadly true statements from innocents imprisoned at
Guantanamo; to Peter Lang (guitarist-musician) and Tim Hansen (for leading
the questions and the songs); our safety conscious candle lighters and
"Hard Questions for Condi" distributors; all those who suited up in the
"End Gitmo" orange jumpsuits; the designer of the compelling anti-torture
flyer; and all the fantastic videographers and independent media
journalists.  And finally a big thank-you to the St. Louis Park Police who
give us hope that it's possible for police to act reasonably and
professionally without caging anyone when it comes to exercise of First
Amendment rights during these challenging times of war.