Progressive Calendar 10.15.09
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 06:28:05 -0700 (PDT)

1. Eagan peace vigil    10.15 4:30pm
2. Northtown vigil      10.15 5pm
3. Green tomato cookoff 10.15 6pm
4. Solar energy systems 10.15 6:30pm
5. Ward 10 CC forum     10.15 6:30pm
6. Ward 11/12 CC forum  10.15 6:30pm
7. Women's rights/film  10.15 7pm
8. Iran                 10.15 7pm
9. Ward 4 CC forum      10.15 7pm
10. Amnesty Intl        10.15 7:15pm

11. GLBT conf/lunch     10.16 8am
12. Bioneers/KFAI       10.16 11am
13. Congo war/asylum    10.16 12noon
14. Palestine vigil     10.16 4:15pm
15. Teamsters           10.16 6:30pm

16. Chris Hedges   - Celebrating slaughter: war and collective amnesia
17. Mel Packer     - Democracy denied: the crackdown on Pittsburgh
18. Shamus Cooke   - What Obama isn't telling American workers
19. David Macaray  - Why the government fears unions
20. Dave Lindorff  - Dem party selling out, but still getting screwed
21. Brendan Cooney - Ask Awal Khan about Obama's prize
22. ed             - 17 letters for you  (haiku)

--------1 of 22--------

From: Greg and Sue Skog <family4peace [at] msn.com>
Subject: Eagan peace vigil 10.15 4:30pm

PEACE VIGIL EVERY THURSDAY from 4:30-5:30pm on the Northwest corner of
Pilot Knob Road and Yankee Doodle Road in Eagan. We have signs and
candles. Say "NO to war!" The weekly vigil is sponsored by: Friends south
of the river speaking out against war.

--------2 of 22--------

From: EKalamboki [at] aol.com
Subject: Northtown vigil 10.15 5pm

From: EXCO <excotc [at] gmail.com>
Subject: Green tomato cook 10.15 6pm

Green Tomato Cook-off
October 15, 6-8pm
St. Paul's Lutheran Church
2742 15th Ave South, Minneapolis

Free Event with Gardening Matters and EXCO! Bring a dish for the contest
or just show up and eat - ALL ARE WELCOME.