Puppy Mill/Shakopee Petland Protest on 9/13
From: Victoria Horberg (slepyvicgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 19:38:11 -0700 (PDT)
Join the Animal Rights Coalition as we take a stand against inhumane puppy
mills.
There will be a protest at the Petland in Shakopee from 12:00-1:30 on
Sunday, Sept. 13th.  The more people we have, the bigger the impact will be.
 Even if you can only show up for part of it, that's better than nothing.
 If you can bring a sign, great. If not, we should have something for you to
hold.  Let's make sure Petland knows that Minnesota won't tolerate or ignore
their support of puppy mills.

Petland
8091 Old Carriage Ct
Shakopee, MN 55379-3157

Background Information about Petland:
Petland is being protested across the nation for selling puppies and kittens
from mills.  An employee of a Petland in Akron, OH drowned two rabbits in a
back room recently and her supervisor took a photo of her holding the two
dead, soaking wet rabbits up and smiling for the camera. She then posted the
photo of herself on her Facebook page and it quickly made news headlines.

This has made Petland a household name for the time being. With all of the
efforts to increase regulations for puppy and kitten mills in MN, and the
exposure Oprah gave to these horrific places earlier in the year, we're
thinking it's worth it to push for Petland to stop this practice and
encourage them to host adoption events for local rescues instead.  Learn
more about the Animal Rights Coalition at
http://www.animalrightscoalition.com

Hope to see you there!