Progressive Calendar 06.02.09
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 06:46:02 -0700 (PDT)

1. Protest HMO $$$   6.02 9am
2. NWN4P vigil       6.02 4:45pm
3. Battle/Seattle    6.02 5pm Mankato MN
4. Ramona Africa/CTV 6.02 5pm
5. RNC court watch   6.02 6pm
6. Underground RR    6.02 6pm
7. HIRE Minnesota    6.02 6:30pm
8. Open discussion   6.02 6:30pm
9. Vigil/Dr Tiller   6.02 9pm

10. John Kolstad - Speaker training
11. Ralph Nader  - Statement on GM bankruptcy
12. CAF          - America: a center-left nation

--------1 of 12--------

From: Michele <MRockne [at] gmail.com>
Subject: Protest HMO $$$ 6.02 9am

PROTEST UNITED HMO PROFITEERING, June 2

United Health Group corporate headquarters, in Minnetonka, a suburb of
Minneapolis, 9701 Data Park Drive.(From DT Mpls take I 94W to I-394 west
to 169 South. Proceed south 5.7 miles to the Londonderry Rd./Bren Rd.
exit. Turn right (west) and circle around until it turns into Data Park
Drive.)

Call for accountable Single-Payer National Health Insurance system. On
Tuesday June 2, 9:00AM, several organizations will demonstrate outside
United Health Groups' Annual Shareholders Meeting, at United Health Group
corporate headquarters, in Minnetonka, a suburb of Minneapolis, 9701 Data
Park Drive. (From DT Mpls take I 94W to I-394 west to 169 South. Proceed
south 5.7 miles to the Londonderry Rd./Bren Rd. exit. Turn right (west)
and circle around until it turns into Data Park Drive.

"United Health Care" is the largest HMO in the U.S., largest most
profiteering corporation in Minnesota . William McGuire, now ousted, is
the highest paid CEO in the history of the state of Minnesota. McGuire's
CEO replacement Stephen Helmsley's stock options exceed $750 million.

The demonstration includes: a die-in of people wearing black to
commemorate unconscionable morbidity and mortality of tens of thousands of
people denied coverage or care by HMOs. Stories from several Minnesotans
whose HMO exploited illness for private profit.

--------2 of 12--------

From: Carole Rydberg <carydberg [at] comcast.net>
Subject: NWN4P vigil 6.02 4:45pm

NWN4P vigil every Tuesday.
Corner of Winnetka and 42nd Avenues in New Hope. 4:45 to 5:45 PM.
All welcome; bring your own or use our signs.

--------3 of 12--------

From: Minnesota Fair Trade Coalition <aranney [at] citizenstrade.org>
Subject: Battle/Seattle 6.02 5pm Mankato MN

Mankato Area Labor Assembly and the MN Fair Trade Coalition Present:
      "Battle in Seattle"

In November 1999, environmentalists, union members, faith groups, farmers
and peace activists gathered in Seattle, Washington to protest the World
Trade Organization's Ministerial Meeting. A very diverse group of people
and interests were united by a common theme, "Fair Trade, Not Free Trade."
The demonstrations in Seattle, helped kick off a campaign that continues
today to assure our trade policies work for and respect all people around
the world, not just global multinational corporations. Please join us for
a free viewing of the movie and discussion on what lessons we can take
from the "Battle in Seattle" as our fight continues.

Tuesday, June 2nd, 2009
Blue Earth County Library (100 East Main Street, Mankato, MN Auditorium)
Event begins at 5:00pm, Movie at 5:30pm

For more information about the movie, visit:
http://www.battleinseattlemovie.com

Questions about the event, please contact Liz McLoone-SE MN Area Labor
Council Field Rep at lmcloone [at] mnaflcio.org or 507-254-9249
Event is Free and Open to the Public

--------4 of 12--------

From: Eric Angell <eric-angell [at] riseup.net>
Subject: Ramona Africa/CTV 6.02 5pm

Stircrazy St. Paul Neighborhood Network (SPNN) viewers:
"Our World In Depth" cablecasts on SPNN Channel 15 on Tuesdays at 5pm,
midnight and Wednesday mornings at 10am, after DemocracyNow!  All
households with basic cable may watch.

Tues, 6/2, 5pm & midnight and Wed, 6/3, 10am
Ramona Africa (pt 2) from the Haille Q. Brown Center

in 1985, the Philadelphia police department dropped a bomb on the home of
Ramona Africa's family, massacring 11, including 5 children.  Ramona, a
member of the MOVE organization, was the sole adult survivor of the
incident.  Ramona talks more about MOVE and critiques "the system".
filmed in April 2009.

--------5 of 12--------

From: Do'ii <syncopatingrhythmsabyss [at] gmail.com>
Subject: RNC court watch 6.02 6pm

RNC Court Watchers are in need of participants to help with organizing
court information, documentation and etc.  RNC Court Watchers Meetings are
every Tuesday, 6 P.M. at Caffeto's. Below is announcement for our
meetings.

Preemptive raids, over 800 people arrested, police brutality on the
streets and torture in Ramsey County Jail. Police have indiscriminately
used rubber bullets, concussion grenades, tasers and chemical irritants to
disperse crowds and incapacitate peaceful, nonviolent protesters. The
RNC-8 and others are facing felonies and years in jail. We must fight this
intimidation, harassment and abuse!

Join the RNC Court Solidarity Meeting this coming Tuesday at Caffetto's to
find out how you can make a difference in the lives of many innocent
people.

Caffetto's Coffeehouse and Gallery (612)872-0911 708 W 22nd Street,
Minneapolis, MN 55405
Every Tuesday @ 6:00 P.M to 7:00 P.M
participate and help organize RNC court solidarity.
For more information, please contact: rnccourtwatch [at] gmail.com
THE PEOPLE UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!