Progressive Calendar 05.13.09
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 15:23:24 -0700 (PDT)

1. No new MN nukes   5.13 ff
2. RNC/Gaertner      5.13 5;30pm
3. Internet commons  5.13 7:30pm
4. Amnesty Intl      5.13 7:30pm

5. Eagan peace vigil 5.14 4:30pm
6. Northtown vigil   5.14 5pm
7. Peace education   5.14 6:45pm
8. AWC new members   5.14 7pm
9. Kip Sullivan      5.14 7pm
10. Forester/trees   5.14 7:30pm

11. Kevin Zeese   - Now fan the flames: a populist health care rebellion
12. Scott McLarty - GP endorses national day of single-payer action

--------1 of 12--------

From: PRO826 [at] aol.com
Subject: No new MN nukes 5.13 ff [and following days]

ACTION ALERT!!  Contact members of the MN House/Senate Conference
Committee
Re:  No new nuclear power plants for Minnesota

Contact the legislators listed below of the newly designated conference
committee which may decide to overturn the prohibition of certificate of
need for new nuclear power plants in Minnesota.  The committee has been
appointed due to the fact that amendment to overturn the prohibition of
certificate of need for nuclear power plants passed in the MN Senate, but
not the MN House.  Thus, the process is that the legislators will meet in
conference to decide and compromise on a solution of their differences.

Tell the members of the energy conference committee to vote NO on SF 0550,
which would allow the nuclear power plant certificate of need issuance
prohibition to be eliminated.  Instead, our legislators should be focusing
on viable renewable energy sources for our state.

Representative Bill Hilty - 651-296-4308 or 800-788-1329 or
rep.bill.hilty [at] house.mn
Representative Andrew Falk -     651-296-4228 or rep.andrew.falk [at] house.mn
Representative Sheldon Johnson - 651-296-4201 or
                                             rep.sheldon.johnson [at] house.mn
Representative Jeremy Kalin -   651-296-5377 or rep.jeremy.kalin [at] house.mn
Representative Michael Beard -  651-296-8872 or rep.mike.beard [at] house.mn
Senator Yvonne Prettner-Solon - 651.296.4188 (no direct email address
                                              available)
Senator John Doll -    651.296.5975 or sen.john.doll [at] senate.mn
Senator Scott Dibble - 651.296.4191 or sen.scott.dibble [at] senate.mn
Senator David Senjem - 651.296.3903 or sen.david.senjem [at] senate.mn
Senator Dan Sparks -   651.296.9248 or sen.daniel.sparks [at] senate.mn

SF 0550 reads:

S. F. No. 550, A bill for an act relating to energy; providing for energy
conservation; regulating utility rates; removing prohibition on issuing
certificate of need for new nuclear power plant; providing for various
Legislative Energy Commission studies; regulating utilities;  amending
Minnesota Statutes 2008, sections 216A.03, subdivision 6, by adding a
subdivision; 216B.16, subdivisions 2, 6c, 7b, by adding a subdivision;
216B.1645, subdivision 2a; 216B.169, subdivision 2; 216B.1691, subdivision
2a; 216B.23, by adding a subdivision; 216B.241, subdivisions 1c, 5a, 9;
216B.2411, subdivisions 1, 2; 216B.2424, subdivision 5a; 216B.243,
subdivisions 3b, 8, 9; 216C.11; proposing coding for new law in Minnesota
Statutes, chapter 216C; repealing Laws 2007, chapter 3, section 3.

For Sane Energy Policies in Minnesota,
Danene Provencher
Board member of West Metro Global Warming Action Group, Inc.