Progressive Calendar 05.05.09
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 03:11:32 -0700 (PDT)

1. Pawlenty o Nuttin 5.05 12noon
2. NWN4P vigil       5.05 4:45pm
3. Palestine/Indians 5.05 5pm
4. RNC court watch   5.05 6pm
5. Salon/discussion  5.05 6:30pm
6. Amnesty Intl      5.05 7pm StCloud MN
7. OutFront MN       5.05 7pm
8. Vs Israeli lobby  5.05 7pm

9. Shut down ICE     5.06 7am
10. LRT boondoggle   5.06 11am  [ed head]
11. N Mpls gardners  5.06 6:30pm

12. Mary Turck    - Organizing around the Central Corridor
13. Chris Hedges  - Buying Brand Obama
14. David Swanson - An even worse Bybee memo

--------1 of 14--------

From: Sue Ann <mart1408 [at] UMN.EDU>
Subject: Pawlenty of Nuttin' 5.05 12noon

Help us present Governor Pawlenty with the Golden Bush Award!
Tuesday, May 5, Noon, on the Capitol Steps, St. Paul

We thank the gov for his commitment to George W. Bush¹s policies of tax cuts
for the wealthy and corporations.
We support his far-thinking intention to slash budgets for schools, health
care, infrastructure, libraries, and so forth. . . .
Can¹t children educate themselves?
Can¹t people take care of their own roads? Put out their own fires?

Formal or other attire encouraged.
Minnesotans for Personal Responsibility
PawLENTY for us!
FFI:  minn4PR [at] gmail.com

 Featuring:
Mrs. I.M. Rich, Education Chair, Minnesotans for Personal Responsibility
M. Antoinette Sans-Tete, Head (so to speak), Erase Entitlement Committee
Fran E. May, President Foreclosure, Inc.
Dim Murphy, Corporate CEO, A Lie & Tech
Mrs. Iva Lot O'Mooney Member, Minnesotans for Personal Responsibility
and other such notables.

[such as:
F. DaPeople
Letta M'Etcake
Merrily Up-Yerz
Consta Pater
Dik Tater
Lord Andmaster
Owtov Myway
and other awards:
Shaved Bush Award?
Bush Bash?
-ed]

--------2 of 14--------

From: Carole Rydberg <carydberg [at] comcast.net>
Subject: NWN4P vigil 5.05 4:45pm

NWN4P vigil every Tuesday.
Corner of Winnetka and 42nd Avenues in New Hope. 4:45 to 5:45 PM.
All welcome; bring your own or use our signs.

--------3 of 14--------

From: Eric Angell <eric-angell [at] riseup.net>
Subject: Palestine/Indians 5.05 5pm

Surmounting St. Paul Neighborhood Network (SPNN) viewers:
"Our World In Depth" cablecasts on SPNN Channel 15 on Tuesdays at 5pm,
midnight and Wednesday mornings at 10am, after DemocracyNow!  All
households with basic cable may watch.

Tues, 5/5, 5pm & midnight and Wed, 5/6, 10am

Parallel Injustices: American Indians and Palestinians
At an amazing gathering, for the first time in Minnesota, Native Americans
and Palestinians publicly shared their respective experiences of
dispossession of their land and genocide of their people.  Council on
American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) National Director Nihad Awad and
American Indian Movement (AIM) leader Clyde Bellecourt speak at Augsburg
College.  April 2009.

--------4 of 14--------

From: Do'ii <syncopatingrhythmsabyss [at] gmail.com>
Subject: RNC court watch 5.05 6pm

RNC Court Watchers are in need of participants to help with organizing
court information, documentation and etc.  RNC Court Watchers Meetings are
every Tuesday, 6 P.M. at Caffeto's. Below is announcement for our
meetings.

Preemptive raids, over 800 people arrested, police brutality on the
streets and torture in Ramsey County Jail. Police have indiscriminately
used rubber bullets, concussion grenades, tasers and chemical irritants to
disperse crowds and incapacitate peaceful, nonviolent protesters. The
RNC-8 and others are facing felonies and years in jail. We must fight this
intimidation, harassment and abuse!

Join the RNC Court Solidarity Meeting this coming Tuesday at Caffetto's to
find out how you can make a difference in the lives of many innocent
people.

Caffetto's Coffeehouse and Gallery (612)872-0911 708 W 22nd Street,
Minneapolis, MN 55405
Every Tuesday @ 6:00 P.M to 7:00 P.M
participate and help organize RNC court solidarity.
For more information, please contact: rnccourtwatch [at] gmail.com
THE PEOPLE UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

--------5 of 14--------

From: patty <pattypax [at] earthlink.net>
Subject: Salon/discussion 5.05 6:30pm

Tuesday, May 5 is time for Open Discussion again.  There must be lots on
your mind these days.  Come and share and feel better for awhile.

From: Gabe Ormsby <gabeo [at] bitstream.net>
Subject: Amnesty Intl 5.05 7pm StCloud MN

Saint Cloud Area Amnesty International meets on Tuesday, May 5th, from
7:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the St. Cloud Public Library, 1300 W. St. Germain,
Saint Cloud. For more information contact Jerry Dirks, 320-251-6491 or
jerry.dirks [at] gmail.com.

From: Erin Parrish <erin [at] mnwomen.org>
Subject: OutFront MN 5.05 7pm

May 5: OutFront Minnesota Community Action Training. Join OutFront
Minnesota organizers to learn more about how you can help move Minnesota
toward full marriage equality. Attendees are asked to bring a dish to
share. 7 - 9 PM at White Bear Unitarian Universalist Church, 328 Maple
Street, Mahtomedi.