Progressive Calendar 04.06.09
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 02:51:36 -0700 (PDT)

1. Stop MN nukedom    4.06 10:30am
2. Human rights       4.06 10:45am
3. Peace walk         4.06 6pm RiverFalls WI
4. Spanish classes    4.06 6:30pm
5. Uhcan-mn           4.06 7pm
6. Howard Zinn        4.06 7pm

7. Pedagogy/oppressed 4.07 12noon
8. Econ crisis/CTV    4.07 5pm
9. RNC court watch    4.07 6pm
10. Worker's film     4.07 6:30pm
11. Amnesty Intl      4.07 7pm StCloud MN
12. Sustain/film      4.07 7pm

13. Sue Sturgis - The real Three Mile Island: blast from the past
14. ed          - A glowing account  (poem)

--------1 of 14--------

From: David Strand <lavgrn [at] gmail.com>
Subject: Stop MN nukedom 4.06 10:30am

The Senate passed an amendment on the floor Thursday to repeal the
moratorium on nuclear power plants in Minnesota.  To be able to
successfully kill the amendment now we need to keep a repeal of the
moratorium out of the House bill and it can be amended at various stages.
The bill has now moved on to another committee than the one first noted
without having the repeal of the nuclear power plant moratorium attatched.
Please be there 10:30 AM Monday at the Capitol if you are able and please
call the house members below, particularly if you reside in one of their
districts.

[The Leg LUSTS to serve the corporations not us. Turn your back and it's
pregnant with a deformed radioactive baby. So it plays fast and loose with
times, places, bill numbers, etc, all in an attempt to blindside the
public while it has its evil way. So you have to outwait and outwit them,
outthreaten and outpublicize them. Be prepared. Life was too good, so
they invented this Leg.  -ed]