Progressive Calendar 01.08.09
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 03:28:47 -0800 (PST)

1. New Seward Co-op  1.08 10am
2. Econ crisis       1.08 2pm
3. Eagan peace vigil 1.08 4:30pm
4. Northtown vigil   1.08 5pm
5. AntiWarMN         1.08 7pm
6. Urban farm        1.08 7pm

7. Palestine vigil   1.09 4:15pm
8. AltVio            1.09 6pm
9. Moyers/class      1.09 9pm

10. Kip Sullivan    - Warning on the MN Health Security Act
11. Susan Abulhawa  - Palestinians will never forget
12. Anna/Palestine  - What most US media isn't telling you
13. Saree Makdisi   - What security will this barbarism bring Israel?
14. Beln Fernndez   - Israel's monopoly on psychological suffering
15. ed              - bumperstickers

--------1 of 15--------

From: Jay Gabler <jay [at] tcdailyplanet.net>
Subject: New Seward Co-op 1.08 10am

New Seward Co-op opens Thursday!
http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/node/19390
by Mary Turck, TC Daily Planet

The new Seward Co-op, in its bright, green building at 2823 East Franklin,
will open for business on Thursday, January 8 at 10 a.m., with a ribbon-
cutting, give-aways and general celebration. The $10.5 million store
doubles the retail space of the old store, with 13,000 square feet, and
also has a community classroom on the second floor. The building includes
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)  principles and the
Co-op is hoping to earn a LEED gold rating.

--------2 of 15--------

From: Lydia Howell <lydiahowell [at] visi.com>
Subject: Econ crisis 1.08 2pm

JAN.8:Headwaters;Econ.Crisis & COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS
CALLING COMMUNITY ORGANIZERS AND ADVOCATES
Join Headwaters Foundation for Justice for a community
brainstorming session to unlock the opportunities of this economic crisis.
January 8th, 2009
2:00-3:30
Intermedia Arts,
2822 Lyndale Ave. S., Mpls

/community/ A body of people having common rights, privileges, or
interests, or living in the same place.

/brainstorming/ n. A method of shared problem solving in which all
members of a group spontaneously contribute ideas.

The economic finical crisis is just now having real and dramatic effects
in the non-profit sector, and yet the long-term organizing efforts have to
continue. Over the past decades local organizers and activists have won
hard fought victories and made fundamental changes that ensured local
community voices were heard. For all of us - community organizers and
advocates, this is a time of to ensure that the work will move forward.

Join Headwaters Foundation for Justice as we host a community dialog and
strategy session where we will creatively think about two pressing
concerns:

. What new and emerging opportunities can we create together to ensure our
collective work moves forward?

. What do we need to do in the short-term (6-12 months) to ensure the work
moves forward?

Space is limited; please RSVP via email to Monica Bryand, Program Officer,
Headwaters Foundation for Justice.

monica [at] headwatersfoundation.org <mailto:monica [at]
headwatersfoundation.org>
612-879-0602 ex.10

--------3 of 15--------

From: Greg and Sue Skog <family4peace [at] msn.com>
Subject: Eagan peace vigil 1.08 4:30pm

From: EKalamboki [at] aol.com
Subject: Northtown vigil 1.08 5pm

From: Jess Sundin <jess [at] antiwarcommittee.org>
Subject: AntiWarMN 1.08 7pm

ORGANIZE WITH THE A.W.C.: The Anti-War Committee always need help
organizing protests and educational events. Join us at our weekly meetings
(Thursdays at 7pm, 1313 5th St SE #112C, Minneapolis).

--------6 of 15--------

From: christine gamm <cmgamm14 [at] yahoo.com>
Subject: Urban farm 1.08 7pm

Be inspired about your yard, sustainability and edible forest gardens!
Backyard Harvest Open House
Farmers in Urban/Suburban Backyards.áHow to get involved (host a garden in
your yard, be a CSA member, or be a farmer yourself).

Thursday, Jan. 8th, 7pm-9pm
MCAD Auditorium 140
more info:
http://www.pricoldclimate.org/backyard_harvest_open_house

--------7 of 15--------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] hotmail.com>
Subject: Palestine vigil 1.09 4:15pm

Friday, 1/9, 4:15 to 5:30 pm, vigil to end US military/political support
of the Israeli occupation of Palestine, corner Summit and Snelling, St
Paul.

--------8 of 15--------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] hotmail.com>
Subject: AltVio 1.09 6pm

1/9 (6 to 9 pm), 1/10 (9 am to 9 pm) and 1/11 (noon to 6 pm), Alternatives
to Violence basic level workshop, Friends for a Non-Violent World, 1050
Selby Ave, St Paul.  $75 to $150 sliding scale.  avp [at] fnvw.org or
http://www.fnvw.blogspot.com (Registration deadline, 1/7.)

From: t r u t h o u t <messenger [at] truthout.org>
Subject: Moyers/class 1.09 9pm

Bill Moyers Journal | A Working Class Renaissance?
http://www.truthout.org/010709U

Bill Moyers Journal: "Bill Moyers sits down with United Steelworkers
International President Leo Gerard to discuss seeking economic justice for
workers in the middle of an economic crisis and how he sees the future of
American manufacturing."