Nov. 19: Chinese Generals in the Cuban Revolution
From: Minnesota Cuba Committee (mncubagmail.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 17:24:08 -0800 (PST)
Our History Is Still Being Written: The Story of Three Chinese-Cuban
Generals in the Cuban Revolution

Wed., Nov. 19, 7 p.m. - University of Minnesota - Anderson Hall Room
210, Reception to Follow

Armando Choy, Gustavo Chui, and Moisés Sío Wong tell the story of
their participation in the Cuban revolution from its triumph in 1959
to today. In the book, Our History Is Still Being Written: The Story
of Three Chinese-Cuban Generals in the Cuban Revolution, published by
Pathfinder Press, they recount Cuba's more than five decades of
revolutionary action and internationalism—from Angola to Venezuela
today, where Cuban volunteers are collaborating to advance medical
care, education, and urban agriculture.

They tell the little-known history of Chinese immigration to Cuba, the
involvement of Chinese in Cuba's revolutionary struggles, and the
revolution's example in combating racist discrimination against
Chinese and Blacks, and much more.

Sponsors: Black Student Union, Political Science Dept. La Raza,
American Indian Student Center, MN Cuba Committee, Twin Cities
Pathfinder Books, others

Panelists: Dionne Dillard, Pres. BSU; August Nimtz, Professor
Political Science, Daniel Yang, American Indian Movement, Martin
Koppel, Pathfinder Press

More information: mncuba [at] gmail.com, 612 623-3452
(2) change to our lower volume list that contains only highly
newsworthy and local interest messages.