Progressive Calendar 10.26.08
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 17:47:35 -0700 (PDT)

1. End MN poverty   10.27 10:45am
2. Amnesty Intl     10.27 7pm
3. Build website    10.27 7pm
4. Acid drainage    10.27 7pm
5. Open religions   10.27 7pm

6. RNC/poor march   10.28 5pm
7. RNC court watch  10.28 6pm
8. Recount/vote/f   10.28 6:30pm
9. RNC/Tom's Drug   10.28 7:30pm

10. Nader/Halloween 10.31

11. Charley Underwood - Miami Model: RNC in St Paul (Bostrom v Underwood)
12. Charley Underwood - Broken promises

--------1 of 12--------

From: Erin Parrish <erin [at] mnwomen.org>
Subject: End MN poverty 10.27 10:45am

October 27: Minneapolis Branch American Association of University Women.
9:30 - 10:30: Special Interest Groups. 10:45 - 11:45 AM: Restoring the
Vision: Ending Poverty in Minnesota with Sen. John Marty. Noon - 1:15 PM:
Luncheon. 1:15 - 2:15 PM: International Courts and How They Work. 2115
Stevens Ave., Minneapolis.

--------2 of 12--------

From: Gabe Ormsby <gabeo [at] bitstream.net>
Subject: Amnesty Intl 10.27 7pm

Augustana Homes Seniors Group meets on Monday, October 27th, from 7:00 to
8:00 p.m. in the party room of the 1020 Building, 1020 E 17th Street,
Minneapolis. For more information contact Ardes Johnson at 612/378-1166 or
johns779 [at] tc.umn.edu.

--------3 of 12--------

From: Tim Erickson <tim [at] e-democracy.org>
Subject: Build website 10.27 7pm

SPED Outreach Workshop - Fall 2008
ALL workshops listed are FREE on Mondays at 7:00 PM. Unless otherwise
noted, all are in the Electronic Classroom at Rondo Community Outreach
Library (University & Dale, in St. Paul).

Oct 27th -  Building A Website
This workshop will introduce you to the basics of creating a website, from
HTML to content management systems and hosting. We'll show you what to
consider when setting up websites large and small.

--------4 of 12--------

From: Christine Frank <christinefrank [at] visi.com>
Subject: Acid drainage 10.27 7pm

COMING TO A RIVER NEAR YOU: ACID-MINE DRAINAGE IN PERPETUITY!
Why Minnesotans oppose hard-rock sulfide mining

Diadra Decker of Save Our Sky Blue Waters, www.sosbluewaters.org a
coalition of seven leading environmental groups in the state, will be the
featured speaker at the next 3CTC Environmental Forum.  She will present
the ecological hazards of hard-rock sulfide mining and its serious
implications for the state's water quality.  Ms. Decker will also explain
her group's opposition to Congressional legislation proposed by
Representative James Oberstar to sell National Forest Service land to
Polymet, a Canadian firm, for its mining operation in Northern Minnesota.
She will describe how this land grab will fast track hazardous
sulfide-mining to avoid environmental review and how it will assist in the
destruction of a vital bog and wetland if the mining company is allowed to
proceed.

The forum will take place on Monday, October 27th at 7:00 PM at Mayday
Books, 301 Cedar Avenue South, West Bank, Minneapolis.  The event is
sponsored by the Climate Crisis Coalition of the Twin Cities (3CTC).  It
is free and open to the public.  It will be preceded by the Monthly
Clean-Energy Vigil to Cool Down the Planet, which will take place out on
the plaza at 5:00 PM and the 3CTC Business Meeting at 6:00 PM.  All are
welcome.  For more information, EMAIL:  christinefrank [at] visi.com or PHONE:
612-879-8937.  SAVE MOTHER EARTH!  See you there!