Congressman Keith Ellison Hosting a Voting Rights Forum
From: Harris, Alison (Alison.Harrismail.house.gov)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 15:03:34 -0700 (PDT)
Hello!

Congressman Keith Ellison will be having a forum on Voting Rights with a
particular focus on Voter Re-Enfranchisement (ie ex felons).  Keith will
be speaking about legislation as well as to hear from people on the
ground what their concerns are as far as voting.  Also, there will be 4
or 5  people on the panel to tell their story or discuss research
they've done or programs that they are working on that pertain to voting
re enfranchisement.  We really need help getting the word out so please
forward this to anyone you may know, post on list serves and distribute
widely.  We really do need all the help that you can provide and
appreciate the help in getting the word out.  Attached is the flyer in a
PDF format.  If you can't read the PDF I've copied and pasted the flyer
below with the necessary information.  I hope to see you all there and
greatly appreciate your efforts.

Congressman Keith Ellison

Presents a

Voting Rights Forum

Learn about current legislation that affects your right to vote and
discuss how to take action.

Joining Congressman Ellison will be a panel of dedicated individuals
that are working hard to make democracy more accessible

Monday, October 6th

6:30 pm - 8:30 pm

Powderhorn Park

3400 15th Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55407

Voting Rights Legislation Congressman Ellison has introduced:

v  H.R. 2457: To amend the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 to
require states to permit individuals to register to vote in an election
for Federal Office on the date of the election.

v  H.R. 4026 To prohibit election officials from requiring a photo ID as
a condition for voting in a Federal election.

This is a great opportunity to share information

and begin a dialogue about solutions to protect the voting rights of
United States citizens as well as ways to expand democracy.

Alison Harris

Community Representative

Congressman Keith Ellison (MN-05)

2100 Plymouth Ave N