Progressive Calendar 08.22.08
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 04:33:14 -0700 (PDT)

1. Palestine vigil   8.22 4:15pm
2. Copwatch          8.22 6pm
3. Social change     8.22 7pm
4. Steal votes/f     8.22 7pm
5. RNC training      8.22 7pm
6. RNC vigil StCap   8.22 7pm
7. Moyers/DNC/China  8.22 9pm

8. Peace walk        8.23 9am Cambridge MN
9. NWN4P Mtka        8.23 11am
10. RNC training     8.23 12noon 8.24 1pm
11. CUAPB/copwatch   8.23 1:30pm
12. Northtown vigil  8.23 2pm
13. Women's vote     8.23 2pm Duluth MN
14. RNC marshall     8.23 2pm
15. Hour/$ potluck   8.23 3pm
16. Spaghetti/Xwar   8.23 7pm
17. JFK assasination 8.23 7pm
18. Explicit Ills/f  8.23 7pm

19. Dave Lindorff     - Loserville: how Obama blew it
20. Joel S Hirschhorn - Obama loses; bye bye Barry
21. Theda Skocpol     - Wake up, Obama camp
22. Greg Guma         - Vermont: breaking out of the empire box
23. ed                - bumpersticker

--------1 of 23--------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] hotmail.com>
Subject: Palestine vigil 8.22 4:15pm

Friday, 8/22, 4:15 to 5:30 pm, vigil to end US military/political support
of the Israeli occupation of Palestine, corner Summit and Snelling, St
Paul.

--------2 of 23--------

From: Michelle Gross <mgresist [at] visi.com>
Subject: Copwatch 8.22 6pm

CALLING ALL COPWATCHERS OR WANNA-BE COPWATCHERS: WE NEED YOU! Whether
we're at the shelters, outside the clubs during closing time or out at
Critical Mass or other protest events, we've shown time and again that
copwatch is a valuable service that helps to prevent police brutality and
that provides important case documentation for people who are brutalized
or falsely arrested.  In the run up to the RNC, we've seen increased
attacks on homeless people in an effort to shove them out of sight.  Now
that the Minneapolis, St. Paul and Bloomington city councils have given
free reign to their police to abuse protesters, we know copwatch will be
even more important when the elephant show finally arrives.

WE NEED LOTS OF TRAINED COPWATCHERS!  Come to a copwatch training to learn
about your rights in general and about your rights while documenting
in the streets and how to work with our technology.  We'll spend some time
together in a classroom then go out into the streets to practice your new
skills.

Please attend one of these dates:

Friday, August 22, 6:00 PM
Thursday, August 28, 6:00 PM
Both trainings will be held at Walker Church, 3100 16th Ave S, Minneapolis.

Depending on demand, we may add other dates.  If a group is interested in
setting up a separate date, please let us know.