Progressive Calendar 06.28.08
From: David Shove (shove001tc.umn.edu)
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 01:28:47 -0700 (PDT)

1. Women/genocide 6.28 8:30am
2. Peace walk     6.28 9am Cambridge MN
3. Meditate       6.28 9am
4. GLBT Pride     6.28 10am
5. NWN4P Mtka     6.28 11am
6. No to NOAA     6.28 12noon
7. Trans march    6.28 1pm
8. Ntown vigil    6.28 2pm
9. Arise benefit  6.28 8pm
10. Bennis/empire 6.28 9pm
11. Carlin on SNL 6.28 time?

12. Nader/Ch5     6.29 9am
13. Atheist/AM950 6.29 9am
14. Stwater vigil 6.29 1pm
15. Pride mass    6.29 4pm

16. Chris Hedges  - Real journalists don't make $5 million a year
17. Tom Burghardt - "Fighting Democrats" rake-in Big Telecom bucks
18. Anon          - Good news
19. ed            - Uri Nation  (haiku)

--------1 of 19--------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] hotmail.com>
Subject: Women/genocide 6.28 8:30am

Saturday, 6/28, 8:30 to 3:30, workshop "Women as Collateral Damage in War
and Genocide" highlighting Cambodian women, Guthrie Theater, 218 S 2nd St,
Mpls.  $20 includes workshop and lunch.  Registration at
http://www.gutherietheater.org

--------2 of 19--------

From: Ken Reine <reine008 [at] umn.edu>
Subject: Peace walk 6.28 9am Cambridge MN

every Saturday 9AM to 9:35AM
Peace walk in Cambridge - start at Hwy 95 and Fern Street

--------3 of 19--------

From: Charles Underwood <charleyunderwood [at] hotmail.com>
Subject: Meditate 6.28 9am

Saturday, 6/28 (and every 4th Saturday), 9 to 10:30 am, Pax Christi Twin
Cities invites friends to join them monthly in meditation and prayer, St
Joan of Arc Parish Center, 4537 - 3rd Ave S, Mpls.  FFI: Lynn at

From: "wamm [at] mtn.org" <wamm [at] mtn.org>
Subject: GLBT Pride 6.28 10am

Twin Cities GLBT Pride Festival and Peace Booth
Saturday, June 28, 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Sunday, June 29, 10:00
a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Loring Park, Lyndale and Hennepin Avenues, Minneapolis.

The Twin Cities GLBT Pride Festival features four stages of all-live
entertainment, three food courts, fireworks, history pavilion and a Family
and Children's area. The Parade will take place on Sunday, June 29 at
11:00 a.m. and will begin at 3rd Street and Hennepin Avenue and follow
Hennepin Avenue to Loring Park. Come visit the Peace Booth at the Festival
and/or join local peace organizations, including WAMM, in the Parade.
Peace Booth sponsored by: the Anti-War Committee (AWC), and WAMM. FFI:
Call WAMM at 612-827-5364.

--------5 of 19--------

From: Carole Rydberg <carydberg [at] comcast.net>
Subject: NWN4P Mtka 6.28 11am

NWN4P-Minnetonka demonstration- Every Saturday, 11 AM to noon, at Hwy. 7
and 101.  Park in the Target Greatland lot; meet near the fountain. We
will walk along the public sidewalk. Signs available.

--------6 of 19--------

From: Lydia Howell <lhowell [at] visi.com>
Subject: No to NOAA 6.28 12noon

PROTEST TO OPEN THE DOOR ON CLIMATE CHANGE EDUCATION!
Saturday, June 28th, 12:00 Noon, NOAA/NWS Office at the Intersection of
Audubon Road & Lake Drive West, Chanhassen, MN.

Chief meteorologists at NOAA's National Weather Service have ignored
global warming in their daily forecasting and reporting procedures by
claiming "it's too controversial".  Climate crisis activists say it's not
too hot to handle and it's time these government agencies deal with the
realities of a warming planet by explaining them to the public in a
forthright manner.

This action is sponsored by the Climate Crisis Coalition of the Twin
Cities.  A caravan to Chanhassen will leave from Mayday Books, 301 Cedar
Avenue South, West Bank, Minneapolis at 11:00 AM on June 28th.

--------7 of 19--------

From: Lydia Howell <lhowell [at] visi.com>
Subject: Trans march 6.28 1pm

TWIN CITIES TRANS MARCH!     [TRANS AMbulate -ed]
Saturday, June 28, 2008
1:00pm - 8:00pm
Smith Triangle Hennepin Ave & 24th St Minneapolis, MN

The second annual TWIN CITIES TRANS MARCH!:
Saturday, June 28, 2008.
An event for all trans and gender-nonconforming people and friends.
EveryBody is welcome.

The MARCH starts at 1pm at Smith Triangle, Hennepin Ave & 24th St,
Minneapolis MN. The AFTER-PARTY is from 5-8pm at Pi Bar, 2532 25th Ave S,
Minneapolis MN.

After-party is ALL AGES! Performers and speakers TBA.

--------8 of 19--------

From: Vanka485 [at] aol.com
Subject: Northtown vigil 6.28 2pm

Peace vigil at Northtown (Old Hwy 10 & University Av), every Saturday

From: Mike Whelan <mpw4883 [at] yahoo.com>
Subject: Arise benefit 6.28 8pm

Bookstore Benefit This Saturday -- June 28!
Arise benefit 8pm Saturday June 28! Come to the Bedlam at 8pm on Saturday
June 28 for the fantastic, amazing, wildly amusing Arise benefit! Hear the
Knotwells, Build My Gallows High, the Ostrich Boys and VAG! See a
fascinating short film! Dance to music selected by our very own collective
members! Drink at the Bedlam's very own, well-appointed bar! And of
course, support Arise in our perpetual quest to...Undermine the Very
Fabric of Society Itself! You will find the Bedlam on the West Bank at
1501 S. 6th Street right next to the light rail stop. Questions? But of
course! Email Jane at jfranklin008 [at] yahoo.com.

From: Eric Angell <eric-angell [at] riseup.net>
Subject: Bennis/empire 6.28 9pm

Magnificent Minneapolis Television Network (MTN 17) viewers:

"Our World In Depth" cablecasts on MTN Channel 17 on Saturdays at 9pm and
Tuesdays at 8am, after DemocracyNow!.  Households with basic cable may
watch.

Sat, 6/28, 9pm and Tues, 7/1, 8am Phyllis Bennis.  Pt 2, audience
questions and response after "Challenging Empire" talk in St. Paul.  April